Chapter 39: How It Should've Been

Start from the beginning

That was what I was currently getting ready for, and Damen wasn't helping me any. All he wanted to do was lock ourselves in our room and finish our mating. I was very tempted, especially when he kissed my mark. Yes, Damen marked me about three days ago, saying he couldn't hold off his wolf anymore, especially knowing that he could've had me all along had it not been for his father. It wasn't like I put up a fight either though, I've wanted to be marked and claimed since I learned about mates as a child. Granted we didn't learn about the whole mating thing until a bit later, but I still wanted to have that ideal completeness that only comes with a mate. But I have to hold Damen off a little longer on the mating, at least until we go on that little vacation, after that I doubt I will even be able to hold off any longer.  

"Damen if you don't stop this instant you will not be able to mate me anytime soon." I said sternly, trying to keep him from trying to remove my dress once again. He has only had a one track mind since he marked me, and I think his wolf is to blame - hyping him up even further than he already is.  

My threat has little effect on him though; in fact it seems to have had the opposite effect on him than I intended it to. His eyes darkened and he stepped impossibly closer to me, making sure to brush every part of his perfectly sculpted body against mine. I had to bite back a moan as he, very slowly, leaned down to plant feather light kisses all around my mark. "Do you think that you could deny me, my mate?" He said huskily.  

Damn hormones, they are keeping me from pushing him away, but then again, exactly why was I pushing him away? The dinner party with Riley and the famous Lucy was long forgotten by now. Damen quickly picked me up so my legs wrapped around his waist and walked us over to the bed, pinning me down with his body, all the while still assaulting my mark and leaving scorching hot kisses up my neck to my lips. But just before his lips were going to touch mine Riley called from downstairs. 

"Hey guys come on! She's here!" The excitement in his voice evident.  

Damen just groaned loudly, muttering all kinds of incoherent profanities, causing me to laugh at the childish pout on his face. "Come one, Mr. Alpha, we have a dinner to host." I stood up brushing off my dress, then making sure my hair and makeup weren't smudged in the mirror.  

"Coming Riley!" I called, pulling Damen downstairs. Cheer up Mr. Alpha, if you behave I may reward you later. I told Damen through the mind link, making him instantly stop pouting and start grinning like a kid who has seen candy. My mate was really a big kid at heart. 

We made our way downstairs just as Riley was opening the door for his new little girlfriend, and let me say she is beautiful! She had the figure all girls would pay to have, and the naturally curly hair that I wished I had. I loved how cute her heart shaped face and big doe eyes made her, and the fact that she smelled as innocent as a newborn - perfect for my best friend.  

"Hello Lucy, I've heard so much about you from Riley over here that I already feel like I know you." I said while pulling her in for a hug.  

She embraced me while laughing, "All good things I hope."  

"Of course." I teased. "Why don't we make our way to the dining room, dinner is almost done."  

Lucy was absolutely perfect - polite, kind, sweet, everything that Riley said she was. The looks filled with love that he kept giving her were making my inner Luna "aww" at the adorableness of it. As dinner continued, Lucy told us how she and Riley happened to bump into each other - literally, and how it all started from there. She looked as happy as Riley did, and that was all I needed to see and know. Well actually I needed to know one more thing... 

"So Lucy," I started, "did Riley tell you that we -" 

I was cut off by Riley, "dated? Yes, she knows that nothing really happened though. Sorry Cass, but you know your meant for butthead next to you." Riley teased. 

"Hey!" Damen protested. I just laughed and kissed his cheek so he would stop pouting - again.  

After that dinner went smoothly, jokes were made, laughter filled the dining room, and ends were tied. I only had to talk to Riley about one more thing, though it would be after Lucy went home. 

Lucy helped me clean up the dishes, and helped me serve desert - chocolate cake with chocolate frosting - apparently all of our favorites. And after desert was over and Riley walked Lucy to her car, I decided to have that one quick word with him. 

"Hey Ri, want to explain to me why Lucy doesn't know that we are wolves? You knew I was going to say that at dinner didn't you?" 

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah..." He sighed. "I just haven't told her yet for fear it will give her a reason to run..." He gave me a small smile. 

"You're an idiot you know that?" I smiled at him. 

"Excuse me?" He asked confused. 

"That girl already loves you sweetie, you have nothing to worry about. In fact, I don't think you could get rid of her if you tried."  

"Really?" He asked hopefully. 

"Would I ever lie to you?" I asked. Making Riley give me a "yeah right" look. "Okay fine, maybe I would, but you know I'm right." I said sticking my tongue out childishly. 

"Sure Luna." He said in that same taunting tone I so missed. It was good to have my best friend back, that's for sure. 

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I promised my mate a little reward for his good behavior tonight." I said cheekily to Riley. 

He gave me a disgusted look, "Waaaay too much information Cass!" He shivered dramatically with disgust. 

Life was getting back to normal - or what we would all consider normal. Life was finally back on track, and I was loving every moment of it.

______________________________

I hope you guys liked it! I think the next chapter will be the Epilogue... But I think I might split it into two parts!:)

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY:)

-Pluto