13

Hey, click the star at the bottom, Okay!

Enjoy!

       *-----------------------------------------*
Laura

  She felt like she was running faster but each time she looked back and saw the men closer to her trail, her faster felt so slow.

She didn't know why she had to get away but she she had to.

Her life depended on it.

She heard her name or someone being called but the men were getting closer. Too close.

She could feel them reach out for her throat.

Then she could the ground give way to her feet. Then she flew.

Flying was supposed to be a blissful feeling.

Instead she could feel her lungs screaming. Screaming so loud, she could barely hear her pounding heart beats.

"Mommy mommy mommy!!!"

She leaped off her bed. With no recognition of her environment.

She was in a large room. All the furniture were beautiful, like in a palace. The walls were decorated with amazing mirage, enlightened with an ocean blue color. It was pretty and calm. Wherever she was, she wasn't scared or threatened like in her dream.

Her nightmare.

She could still feel how numb her feet were and her chest was sweaty and it ached.

Her dream  felt so real. Too real that she had to pinch herself just to make sure this wasn't the dream instead.

She felt dizzy after placing her feet on the cool tiled floor. The tiles were classically designed too. She fell more in love with every look she gave to the chamber. It was elegant.

She walked to the window. She  was about to pull up the curtains when she heard a shriek.

"Mom, you are awake!"

She remembered now.

She had been brought to the mansion a week ago. She recalled the bedroom. It was hers. And his too.

She remembered not believing this huge mansion was where she once lived. She remembered Sandra, the woman who claimed to be her mother. She remembered new househelps, according to her best friend Lousia, they had just been employed because for now she needed lots of help around the house.

After a day in the house, Laura stopped feeling like an intruding stranger.

She remembered her fair, chubby therapist whom she didn't like one bit but had to admit was good at her job.
Her medications and exercises.

Laura's mind brought her memories back, slowly.

She recalled something, a memory but very unclear. A raging fire, just like in her nightmare but in her head, she could feel the burns.

She told no one because she wasn't sure of what she of her memories anymore.

She was sure of one thing. She loved the mansion and the people around her. It was way better than the hospital.

Yesterday, she overheard her "Mom" telling the other classy woman, who she learnt her name to be Naomi, how she was glad Jonathan didn't leave her daughter after the accident and how his decision for them to move into the mansion because Laura needed space was the best thing to do.

"What do you think mommy?"

"I think you will look beautiful indeed." Katey asked her what she thought about her being the princess of her sport house, 'Green house'."