49

The prison warden slammed his metallic stick onto the bars of every prison. "Rise and shine boys. Morning don come o."

Every prisoner stepped out of their caged rooms, grudgingly. Except one.

"Marcus, where e dey?" The warden walked over then pushed his key into the absent prisoner's jail. The moment the door opened he was greeted by a chocking stench.

Then his breakfast rose in his stomach when he saw the dead old man with a rope around his neck.

Marcus last thought before he had wrenched his life to death was, the curse.

***

"I saw the shades of the last brand, they are great but they lack a little bit of wild. Can we add that to our next products? There is a photoshoot tomorrow, so let's prep the new models and make sure they look beautiful." Laura addressed her team while her assistant took down every detailed speech.

She left the meeting for her office. It was then her phone twinkled in her palm, she read her bestfriend's message in confusion.

Don't forget dinner with your date, I have a sexy dress for you. Be home by six. Date's by seven.😉

Laura dashed out orders to her assistant after she called out Laura's schedule for the day.

Alone and free to throw off her red bottoms, she did a breathing exercise to relieve her stressful thoughts then picked up her iPhone to text a reply to Bola. In the middle of asking her what the fuck she was talking about, her phone rang.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Laura held her phone in-between her shoulder and ear as she operated her laptop.

"Well, last week you agreed to go on a blind date with a guy I found for you. He's really cute and sexy. You'll like him, I'm sure." Bola's excitement was dripping. "I have a dress, did I tell you?"

"Bola no na! I mean yes you told me but no. I can't just go on a blind date, I have Katherine to think about. I'm busy and I'm not ready to meet anyone new. Thanks but no." Laura voice went from an implored tone to a strict one.

"You agreed o! I don't care if you were drunk while you did. This guy has been anticipating this date since. He has picked a place and it's fancy. All these excuse you are giving is just a summary I don't want to hear. Be home by six."

Bossy much.

"Bola I can't, I'm married. Did you forget that." Laura used her last card available.

"You live alone, you haven't had sex in over a year, you are a workaholic, you don't have any man problem, did I mention the workaholic problem? Basically you are married but also single as fuck. See babe, it's just one date. See it as a means to do something different or just see if another guy can make you forget about work for a while. Jonathan is an asshole. What you need is a dick." Her bestfriend laughed at her corny joke.

Laura doubted any man could make her feel close to what Jonathan made her feel but she wasn't going to wait forever. So dick it was.

"Okay I'll go but if he's an asshole, I'm leaving. Also the date is just for one hour. I have an early meeting tomorrow."

"That's my girl! Okay, deal. I'm so excited. Also if you decide to actually live and have fun all night, I'll call in for you tomorrow at work. That's what partners do."

"Okay, whatever. I have to go, see you by seven."

"Six pm. If you come late, I'll tell him you decided to bail because you are scared of handsome men."