"Kat."

I wish I could hear Katherine for once.

"Kat."

I sigh, realizing it's Alex now. She sends me a look and I just roll my eyes. I hear laughing sounds from the side and it takes everything in me not to look in the direction of the two boys. And then I hear footsteps.

And I start to panic.

"Shit, are they coming this way?" I mutter.

And my question is answered as they appear by our sides. I stare at the white snow and count the sparkles that appear.

"Thought I'd find you here." Wes's voice is laced with humor.

"Girls, you in for another party?" Adeen asks and judging by his tone, he's so ready for the conversation.

"A party? Where?" Cindy speaks. I keep my eyes on my boots, creating different shapes in the snow.

"My family's holding a pre-Christmas dinner tomorrow. It's a Blue's tradition. You would also come to the dinner and I usually host a party afterwards." Wes explains and my head slowly lifts, carefully looking at him. He's looking at Alex but once I raise my head, he flicks his eyes towards mine. Something inside me twists with pain when I see him up close.

For the past month, we've been off limits, no contact, except for the occasional eye contact which doesn't last long due to his decision. It's hard for me, knowing I lost him to something I could've prevented. And despite my act of not caring, I've been more than moody. It's even harder for me when I truly realize how much it hurts me not to speak to him or be around him. It's been a whole month of avoiding each other and I started to break after the first day.

Now, seeing him so close to me, in a beanie that covers his hair and his ocean eyes staring right into mine, I am on the verge of crying.

"Cool. What's the time?" Alex asks, but Wes doesn't answer her question. Instead, his eyes stay on mine. But it's just torture for me.

So I break the contact.

"Seven." He finally answers and I see my best friend nod. Then her eyes switch to mine and I know what she's thinking, will I go?

The Blue's pre-Christmas tradition has included me almost every year. Not because of me specially, but because of my parents. Both my mother and father enjoy the fact that a week before Christmas, their friends host a great gathering. It's always interesting, and it was to me as well. Because every year, I'd pull a different prank on Wes. I had so figure out some way to have fun at my enemy's home.

The answer to her telepathic question is yes, I will go. But that doesn't mean I want to.

"What should we wear?" Cindy questions. I hear Adeen scoff at her question.

"Think runway, Cindy." He answers before Wes can say anything. Cindy nods, not really understanding his sarcasm.

"I just got a new dress. I hope your cousins are cute, Wes." She smirks.

Oh, Cin, if you only knew their age.

"Alright. I'll see you there." Wes says. He looks at me again and I bite my lip, not wanting to break in front of him. Knowing how much my feelings grew for him, how this distance made me feel, is enough to send a waterfall down my face. That stupid quote, distance makes the heart grow fonder, just became even more annoying.