Chapter 16: Downhill

Start from the beginning

"I, uh..."

"First timer?" she asked.

Takumi's face must have betrayed him.

"Come with me. I love first timers."

Setsu raised his eyebrows at him and before he knew it, the woman had taken his hand and was leading him away. He looked back, feeling genuine panic now, and could only see the remaining Nisshoku members getting 'acquainted' with their girls. Setsu shot him a quick thumbs up before disappearing after a bustle skirt.

The young woman closed the door with a sultry bump of her hip. Takumi stepped backwards until the bed frame was against the back of his legs. It was a low frame, a number of boxes tucked neatly underneath. The sheets were crisp and clean, a sunny yellow linen.

"So," she said in a silky low voice. "Tell me what you're into."

"I don't know." Takumi said honestly. "I don't really know why I'm here, to be honest."

She seemed to be a little confused, then sighed, putting her hands on her hips.

"Did you friends drag you here?" she asked.

"More or less. They all found out I like a girl who works at the castle, so I think they're trying to 'coax me into manhood' by bringing me here."

He involuntarily sighed.

"That's pretty mean of them." the woman said after a moment. "How old are you?"

"Still seventeen."

She shook her head.

"Peer pressure is harder to handle when you're young. I'm sorry they're trying to coerce you into your first time."

"It's not my first time." Takumi answered before thinking. He had to change the subject. "How am I going to get them off my back without being unfaithful to the girl I like?"

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to." she said earnestly. She started to think, frowning in concentration. Soon she had a plan.

She leaned in so not to be overheard.

"Bounce on the bed with me." she said quietly.

"What for?" he whispered back.

"We have to make some noise, or it'll be obvious." she explained.

"Right. Got it."

The two of them stood on the bed, the soft mattress forcing them to hold the bed posts for support. Takumi took the initiative to jump first. He felt ridiculous, but thankfully, so did she. They clutched their hands over their mouths as they jumped on the bed like children, trying to restrain their laughter.

"So you like someone?" she asked, just loud enough to be heard over the creaking bed.

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"She's a maid."

"Aw, that's cute."

"I'm so sorry about all this."

"Don't worry. It's my job to make sure you leave happy."

"I really appreciate it."

After a little while they decided to stop bouncing. She went to the mirror and wiped off her peach colour lipstick to only leave a light stain. She ruffled his hair and clothes a little, redoing the knot of his black belt. She looked him over, deciding if she was satisfied with their illusion.

"Um... what do I owe you?" Takumi asked awkwardly, not sure where this arrangement had left him.

"Just pay me half. I'll say you were so good I gave you a discount."