A man and woman who both had magic, they had some cuts and bruises but otherwise they seemed perfectly okay. They were in high spirits as they helped me into the house and on to one of the living rooms, it had been set up as a temporary hospital ward. They were cracking jokes and laughing loudly, I noticed a lot of people smiled as we passed. The mood was infectious, despite so many wounded.

"We just want to thank you." The man said as they placed me down on one of the sofas.

"If not for you and your friends, we would not be here today. You saved this land, these people, we can do magic openly again without being scared."

The woman looked overjoyed and I glanced at Emy and the others who were sat nearby.

"We just did what we had to," I didn't really know what to say to them.

"You did more than that, thank you."

They both beamed and walked out of the room.

"Well, that was different," Emy chuckled as she rested back against her sofa.

"We should try to get used to it, that will most likely not be the last time it happens." Kayle was sprawled in an armchair that had been pushed against one wall, Emy and I rolled our eyes at him.

The makeshift beds took up most of the room and they were being filled up quickly. I watched as more and more came in, waiting to see one in particular. My dad finally appeared with the help of the same two soldiers, his eyes searched the room until he found me, smiling brightly when he did so. The soldiers brought him over and he perched on the sofa I was on.

"I have sent a Trokarra to your mum to let them know that it is safe to come back, everyone in Dumair will know the outcome of the battle soon. The soldiers from the West will stay here until Varian arrives, so we will have extra security while we tend to the wounded."

Someone came bustling in at that point and my eyes widened, Mal was busying herself with handing out water and towels. Carla and a few other servants, including Drevin, were helping her.

I raised my brow in surprise, "Weren't they supposed to leave with mum?"

My dad nodded and chuckled, "They were, but Malaya is very stubborn and would not leave this house to fall. The rest chose to stay by her side to help, she was just trying to order me to my room while she was telling me what they had done." He chuckled more and it caused Mal to come over, she was glaring between us all.

"All of you should go to bed, I will have your rooms ready right away. And before you argue, I need the space you are taking up,' she smiled at her own sneaky tactics and clapped for us to be taken upstairs.

I laughed at the look my dad gave her, he looked like a scolded child.

"I don't think you're in charge right now, Dad," I laughed more and he smiled sheepishly, letting the soldiers pick him up and take him to his room.

A moment later we were all being taken upstairs to our suites, all except Emy. She refused to leave her dad downstairs, she was laid on the sofa next to his little bed. I smiled at her as I was helped up, we could catch up when we were all rested and recovered.

My suite was exactly how I had left it, though the fire was blazing now. The man and woman were still grinning and joking around, they thanked me again before leaving. I smiled at their happy attitude and sighed in relief when I crawled into bed. I had to strip off my clothes one piece at a time, there were holes all over the material and they smelled pretty bad, even my mage's outfit needed throwing away.

My body ached everywhere, a nice hot bath would have been perfect but I didn't have the energy to get back up. I pulled the covers up and relaxed into my pillow, now that I was safe and warm, the exhaustion was overpowering. Sleep swallowed me and I was swept up in dreams that were senseless and blurred, my brain was still trying to come to terms with what it had witnessed.