Chapter 3: 내 다람쥐

Start from the beginning

I made sure I locked all my doors and hopped into the passenger seat. "Chaeyoung, I'm digging your outfit!" she squealed "though that (she pokes at the lock of the chain) looks very familiar..".

Oh no! Did my brain stop working when I put it on? It does look good on me though...

"Yeah, it's Lisa's.." I gulped. Jennie stared at me wide-eyes.

"Ohmygod, Chae. I knew it. You miss her don't you?" Jennie exclaimed then giving me a smirk.

Keeping my eyes on the dashboard I told Jennie to shut it and drive.

"I don't see why you both can't sit down an-," I cut her off mid-sentence. "Jennie-unnie, I really don't want to talk about that right now.. let's just go and meet Jisoo-unnie already."

The entrance to the club was dark and secluded, but with about 3-4 bouncers by the door.

Behind the exterior walls was one of the biggest, exclusive clubs in Seoul.

Neon lights and loud music blaring as we walked through security, Jennie and Jisoo holding hands and skipping like little children.

I rolled my eyes and gave out a little laugh. It was good seeing the both of them so happy.

My heart beats a little faster while I try to scan the room for Lisa.

I could never admit it out loud, but every time I get to see her at any of our social gatherings, just looking at her never fails to make my heart skip a beat.

I managed to spot her in the sea of people, her blonde hair flipping from side to side as she yells something at the bar.

The crowd around her cheering her on, uh-oh that can't be a good thing can it?

Feeling a worried, I approached the crowd and got a sneak peak of Lisa chugging beers and inhaling shots like its air.

I got a little annoyed and was about to drag her out of her chair when I remembered that I don't have the right to do that anymore.

Watching Lisa losing herself in alcohol was something that always made me upset.

She never used to get black-out drunk or any kind of drunk before, she was the one who always made sure everyone was safe.

I liked that about her because it made me feel safe around her all the time, like she was my rock.

But I know there were feelings she felt she couldn't translate to people, and so she ended up drowning it in alcohol.

"Screw it!" I mumbled under my breath and pushed my way through the crowd.

I felt about a hundred eyes on me as I grabbed Lisa's cardholder from her, telling the bartender to stop giving her drinks.

She looked up at me and giggled "Rosé.. *hicc* is that you? Hey look eer-one.. it's the g- *hicc* girl who broke my.. this (she pointed at her heart).. hiii r-rosie.."

I have never seen Lisa this drunk before.. or at least encountered her while she's in this state.

I pulled her by her hand and once again, pushed through the crowd.

Hearing her little groupies yell "hey! Where are you guys going?".

I sat Lisa down on a bench outside the bar, it was just on the edge of a park nearby.

I furrowed my brows as I looked at Lisa, a little disappointed.

Lisa chuckled "ahaa.. chaeyoun..gie brought me to a park? ya-ah PARK CHAEYOUNG!!" she started screaming at the grass.

I stood facing her, grabbing water from my bag and signalling her to drink from it.

"What the hell Lisa, how could you be so-," she cut me off mid-way.

"yah.. jisoo.." why was she calling out for jisoo? Did she think I was jisoo now? "jisoo-ya.. i still love her so much... why am I such a pabo?".

I watched Lisa as she grabbed my hand, probably thinking it was Jisoo-unnie's. I couldn't help but give her a little squeeze.

Wait, was she crying now? I slowly lowered my head to see Lisa's face and all I could see were her tears dripping down to the ground.

I should probably call Jisoo and Jennie.

"p-park chaeyoung..," she whispered in between her sobs "why did you have to stomp on my h-heart.."

I felt her let go of my hand and buried her face in her knees. My heart ached as I felt how much hurt she was feeling. Stray tears escaped my eyes as I dialed
Jisoo-unnie's number on my phone.

She picked up and told me they'd be right out.

I hung up the phone and quietly sat down, next to Lisa.

Slowly patting her back and running my fingers in circles between her shoulders, it used to always calm her down.

Lisa lifted her face and turned her gaze towards me, her eyes still blurry with tears.

"L-Lisa-ya.." my lips trembling as I wiped her tears away with the edge of my sleeve.

Suddenly Jisoo and Jennie were standing in front of us, Jisoo frantically asking if we were okay.

"I'm sorry you had to see this Chae, Lisa's... just going through some things.

I hope she hasn't said anything to offend you..." Jisoo helping Lisa to get up from the bench, panicking when Lisa stumbled and rolled of her shoulders.

Jisoo helped piggyback Lisa into her car and drove her home, assuring us that she'll be fine in the morning.

Jennie and I decided to call it a night and head home. I couldn't sleep that night, all I keep thinking about was Lisa.

___________________________________

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading Chapter 3! Would love to hear your thoughts or predictions on what happens in the next chapter!

Please do comment and vote if you like the story so far! Thanks for all your support~