STORY ONE : AICHA

K2 BASE CAMP

AICHA POV

I wake up to a clear blue sky and a perfect view of K2. A year of planning and we've come a long way. My phone has just enough charge to take a couple of photos.

Breathtaking...

My mind makes the leap to another breathtaking view and the very pleasing image of the handsome man mountain, Can Divit

Disappointment grips me and I wonder how someone that I've known for such a short time can make me feel this way.

He wasn't part of my original team, yet as soon as I met him, I felt a kindred spirit, a travellers soul, an adventurer like me, who had lost his way and his memory.
He was struggling to remember 2 years of his life and his girlfriend. I
t looked like he was drifting away from her.
We hit it off straightaway and he was popular with the team.

I found him intelligent, insightful and very competent in business. I was also very attracted to him, physically.
He turned up to meetings, suave and sophisticated. A natural Alpha male. He won my Uncle over with his creative ideas, but he could also let his hair down and if I'd had more time I bet we could have had quite a party together.

It was close, so close.

That last night at my house, if Sanem hadn't turned up and soured his mood with her silly antics and moped, he'd be here, sharing my tent and sleeping bag right now!

I was so excited at the thought of getting him up here with me, alone, in the rugged, savage atmosphere.
I'd be getting lost in those dark brown eyes and cosying up to that hot body.

I sent him a text after he left that night...

"My offer still stands when I return. Anytime you want a more private party for two...Call me." X

He replied. "SAFE TRAVELS 🙏"

Girl, You have to get back there and capture this man's heart after that crazy girl Sanem rejected HIM so openly at my front door.

I feel sorry for her, really.
What a little fool.
I'll never forget his face as he kicked the ground, stared my way, and drove off.
You don't get men like Can Divit waiting around for you to wise up.

I find his number and send the photos to him.

"The view today...from my single sleeping bag.
It's cold here...hoping for a warm reunion on my return."

I know he enjoys a little flirting. I want him to know that he has options.
I hit SEND.
Done.
Excitement bubbles up inside me as I wait for his reply.

CAN POV

I grab my phone as it bleeps.
Sanem is on the sofa. She fell asleep in my arms by the fire outside, so I've carried her in and wrapped her in the throw.