Part 29 - Hold The Door

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry about it. Seriously." He said, walking into his kitchen.

"Tea? Coffee? Water? Juice?" He offered.

"Tea, please. Milk and two sugars, thanks." I said, sitting down on a black and chrome bar stool opposite his kitchen bench.

"So..." He said, waiting for the kettle to finish boiling. "You and Matty are broken up?"

"Yeah."

"So you're single?"

I laughed. "Yes and no."

"What does that mean?"

"Yes I'm single but no I'm not ready for dating." I replied.

"Oh." He said, focusing intently on the tea, trying to hide his blushing.

"Wyatt - I really am sorry about kissing you." I said.

"I'm not." He cut in, then blushed madly, stirring his tea.

He handed me my tea. "Sorry. I know you're not in the right frame of mind right now. Sorry." He repeated. I laughed.

"Wyatt. It's alright. Stop apologising. I just need a friend right now, and just a friend." I said. He nodded, meeting my eyes. He was handsome, but as soon as I thought that I thought of Matty and I immediately felt bad. I started to chat with him about music, careers, life...

The tea was long finished, we got caught up in conversation.

"Well, I think I better go. It's late, and I've got a lot of nothing to do tomorrow." I laughed, getting up and opening to door of his apartment. He smiled and said "Well if you're not busy...Do you want to do something?" I tucked a stray hair of mine away.

"Umm... I don't know. But you'll obviously see me again, we kind of live in the same building." I laughed.

"Right. Sorry. I don't mean to be pushy or anything, I just-" I cut him off by standing on my tip-toes and kissing his cheek. That ought to shut him up, I thought. Then I thought of Matty and how I used to kiss his cheek. I felt horrible immediately. He blushed and his eyes went wide, I laughed and walked back to my apartment.

*Matty's POV*

I decided to go and talk to Billie. My leg jittered nervously the whole drive there. I parked my car in the car park and took the elevator up to her apartment. There was a man in the elevator with me, going to the fourth floor. All of a sudden the elevator stopped, and the man got off. I heard a familiar voice and followed the sound of the voice curiously. I saw Billie walking out of an apartment they wasn't hers. I ducked behind a cement pillar and peered at her from behind it.

"Well if you're not busy...Do you want to do something?" The guy from the party - Wyatt - asked. Billie fussed with her hair for a second, she drove me crazy when she did that. I melted just a little.

"Umm... I don't know. But you'll obviously see me again, we kind of live in the same building." She laughed. I felt pure anger flare up inside me. He lives with her! In the same friggin building!

"Right. Sorry. I don't mean to be pushy or anything, I just-" Wyatt started, before Billie cut him off by standing on her tip-toes and kissing his cheek. My eyes went wide and I felt as if my world shattered in a second. She kissed him. She kissed him. She kissed him.

Fuck. Fuck!

I sank to my knees silently and pressed my back up against the wall, so I was wedged between the wall and the cement pillar, out of sight.

I pushed the heels of my hands into my eyes to stop the tears threatening to fall.

I saw Billie walk past me, into the elevator (she didn't see me), and I took that opportunity to talk to her.

I ran up to the elevator and met eyes with Billie quickly. She was shocked to see me, but I was too late, the elevator doors closed. "Matty?" She yelled. She must have pressed the 'doors open' button censuses the doors opened quickly again.

"Surprise." I said quietly.

"What the hell are you doing here? Why are you on this floor?" She asked as I joined her in the elevator. My hand brushed hers and I got the butterflies in my stomach like usual and I sucked in a sharp breath, not going unnoticed by her.

"I was coming to see you and the man I was in the elevator with got off and I heard your voice - I got off and saw you kiss him." I said. Her eyes went wide.

"Moved on fast, didn't you?" I asked, getting off the elevator and running to my car.

I'm so sad.

Just clarifying, Billie kissed Wyatt because she's extremely emotionally fragile at the moment, and Wyatt was there for her. She was feeling terrible about herself and he basically said he liked her, she's just confused and upset at the moment.

Please don't hate Billie, she's a good person. (And it was only on the cheek with Wyatt, she doesn't love him. She wants Matty back.)

Guys I'm so excited I officially have the tickets for the concert! (Btw I am so not trying to brag so don't hate me - I'm just excited.)

:) xx - Anna