"Ugh, damn." Sydney said putting her hands on her hips.

"What? What is it?" I asked eagerly.

"I'm sorry." She said which just slapped me with confusion. "I can't tell you." She said and I clenched my jaw trying to control my anger.

"What?!" I asked through my teeth.

"I'm really sorry, Asher." Was all she said and I ran my hands through my hair and pulled on it kinda hard.

"God fucking damn it! Just tell me!" I yelled as her talking a step closer to her.

"Dude, just relax." Carson said putting his hand on my chest.

I just shoved him off of me and yelled again. "TELL ME SYDNEY!"

"No, just let her deal with it on her own." Sydney said trying to calm me down and walked away from me.

"It'll be okay, man." Carson said and I just shook my head and ran back up the hill and sat down on the floor with my back on the lockers.

_____________________________

After school ended and I finished my shift at the auto shop and I ran right over to the diner and looking around and I didn't see her in there but I saw that Andrew guy from our double date from before.

"Hey, Andrew. Where is Annie?" I asked looking at him.

"Don't know, I'm covering for her." He said shrugging and went over to a table to take an order.

"Great." I said pissed and slammed my hand on the counter and walked back out to the street.

I grabbed my keys and drove to the park. I remember that when Annie was rambling on and on about places she loved to go to she would alway eventually up talking about the park.

When I got there it was already raining and I saw Annie sitting on a bench alone and she seemed really upset.

I walked over to her and just sat next to her and she didn't looking at me. We sat there for a few minutes until, "Are you okay?" I asked.

She didn't answer me.

"Annie, I am listening." I said honestly and she didn't reply and I looked down to see her just played with her fingers which were all cut up and I gritted my teeth a little.

I stood up and took off my sweatshirt and wrapped it around her shoulders to shield her from the rain a little better because she was shivering a lot.

"I'll drive you home." I stated looking down at her.

"No, I'm—" Annie started to say but I stopped her.

"I wasn't asking, LeBlanc." I said and she finally looked up at me and I was just stared back down at her. She looked really pretty with her hair all wet but I felt a ping of pain deep in me because I could tell she's been crying.

She nodded slightly and I smiled as we got into my car. She gave him the directions to her house and when I pulled up, Annie was about to get out but I locked the door.

I still need to talk to her.

She pulled up the lock and I just pushed down on the lock again. She crossed her arms annoyed and sat back in the seat. Annie looked over at me and I just looked back at her.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"No." She mumbled and placed her gaze down a little.

"You sure?" I asked hopeful.

"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden. And at the arcade too?" She asked looking at me and I had a small shiver down my spine.

"At school..." I started and let out a breath, "at school there's too much pressure and I know you can feel it too with all our friends around. But, when it's just me and you, alone I can see you in a different light. Someone who's not a total bitch." I confessed and the last part made her let out a small laugh making me smile. "But still partially."

She nodded, "Yeah, the guys won't drop the whole thing about us with you either?" I questioned.

"Ha, nope. But the girls almost seem worse about it." I said and she scoffed.

"Yeah, you have no idea." She laughed and I just smiled. "Well, umm, I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah, night LeBlanc." I said clearing my throat and looked ahead.

"Goodnight, Asher." She said and got out of my car. My lips twitched in a small smile. That was the first time I've heard her call me by my name. I watched her walk into her house still smiling.

Why does it feel like I'm always watching her walk away from me?

_____________________________

I don't know about y'all but I really like 'Protective Asher'. And ya know, feelings are forming for him towards Annie but he just doesn't understand how he feels and he's just a little bit stupid,

But in a cute way.

Love you all💜🦔🌻