Chapter 29. Goodbye, Daniel.

Start from the beginning

"Well then," I smiled almost sardonically, "I wanted to say you -sorry- warn you that if I inform Ariel about what you're scheming to do, I don't think the queen will be very happy knowing that you're threatening to reveal her brother's identity to the world and putting his life in danger. Ariel is a loving sister and don't think just because she's sweet and caring, she'll tolerate your threat. She's the queen for a reason. If she wants, she can just lock you up in the dungeon so that you never see the sun again or splutter about Daniel's identity to anyone. As for Daniel, from what I know of him, he would be furious and would regret letting you stay here. He might as well kick you out of the castle or better yet, feed you to the rogue wolves. Besides, how can you think that anyone would believe you -a normal wolf who betrayed her mate who loved her so much, for another man-  other than believing their queen or prince who had been trustworthy since centuries?"

I ended my mini-speech with a triumphant look on my face. When I looked up at Kiana, I had expected her to be a little wary at least. What I didn't expect was for her to turn hysterical as she laughed as if I had cracked the funniest joke in the universe.

"You're so funny...haha.." laughs "Gosh, I can't believe this.." laughs.

She clutched her stomach still laughing her ass off. Could you please stop with the laughing? Seriously, her laughs were annoying and sounded like those evil witch's hysterical laughter in Disney movies.

After some more laughing, she thankfully composed herself and looked me straight in the eye,

"Do you take me for a fool, Ariana? Do I look stupid to you? Do you think I'll let you win just like that if I can't win myself? The thing is, even if I won't make it out alive out of this castle or if no one believes me, I still have some alleys--some of them are very trustworthy among the courtiers as well--who will expose Daniel if I go missing even for a day and I also have a lot of evidence which prooves that Daniel indeed is a hybrid. Wanna look at one of them?" She cocked a questioning eyebrow at me as she bought forward her phone and clicked on something.

A video played shortly after and I felt my eyes widening as I looked at what it displayed.

"H-How did you...?" My voice trailed as I focused my attention on the video in which Daniel was tied up in shackles with his wrists wound by silver chains and tied to the ceiling the same way he was tied that day when I found out he was a hybrid. The background was dull and looked like it was a cellar while Daniel growled ferociously. His voice enough to raise goosebumps for a normal person.

Then Kiana swiped the screen letting another video display on the screen.

***

In this video, Daniel was in the study and was looking directly at something or someone with a worried look on his face.

"You're what?" I reconised Kiana's voice but she wasn't visible in the video. She must the one recording it.

"I'm a hybrid," Daniel whispered slowly with his gazes cast down.

Kiana's hysterical laughter was heard before she spoke, "Gosh, Danny you scared me! Stop joking already! How can you be a hybrid? They're monsters. They deserve to die. That's the reason why they're killed when their existence is found. How could I even think for a minute that you were actually one of them. I must be crazy."