" Maa , Can you please ask her to call back me, I'll talk to her!!"

He assured his mother, who knows better than him how difficult it is to tame that adamant girl. It will take time and energy for sure. 

Anita did as told by her son, Khushi lazily moved a little to grab her phone that was laying on other end of bed and switching on that found numbers of missed calls from him, as her phone was in silent mode she could not hear the ring. Dialing his number, Khushi again snuggled close inside the duvet.

" Hmm.." (as the call got answered.)

" What happened to you??"  (he asked with concern, stopping his typing on laptop key board.)

Khushi replied weakly.

"Don't get tensed. ( she told at firs understanding very well her sickness would do nothing but worry him a lot. And making him worried would be last thing she wanted to do in addition to his official work.) I guess I will be fine by evening.."

"Explain what's wrong Khushi??"

"I told you..Then.."

"Just speak up Khushi, have you any idea how terrible you are sounding??"

Interpreting her in middle, Arnav barked angrily. Her voice and her words were going in exact opposite direction. And he knows her that much to catch her lie even she tries to cover it with hundreds of layers. Khushi too felt defeated, she was really not in a state to argue back.

" It's aching my stomach Arnav.. Since last night I'm having nausea and vomit.. Even my head too killing me.."

"Then why don't you just go with Maa to doctor Khushi??"

" Because I hate injection.."

She complained . Arnav shook his head. 

Arnav tried to make her understand the logic, Doctor does not put injection always, but Khushi being Khushi heard nothing. Having no option left, Anita tried some homemade remedy for her stubborn daughter aka daughter-in-law.

***********************

It was evening, next day!! , Arnav was hurried back to home after official work, his car stopped as the traffic signal indicates to stop. Keeping his hands on steering wheel, tapping in between , Arnav looked around when his eyes fell on one couple walking at a little far, the man had securely wrapped his one arm around the lady's shoulder and  the lady was smiling talking to the man at the same time touching her baby bump softly. 

Traffic signal indicated to move, Arnav started his car giving one last glance at the couple.

Olivia served him dinner, as he was starving he almost emptied the plate quickly and rushed upstairs to the room to enquire about Khushi once again, but heard the same information. He now started getting worried really , slowly his care converted to worry then stress. Standing by the window of his room, Arnav's mind drowned back to that couple.

 He himself had no idea why was he even linking this with that couple?? He was becoming anxious with each passing minute, frustratingly Arnav took his laptop and thought to concentrate on work than That couple. He was doing his work, his figures automatically stopped taking his command. Not sure of his own confusion whether he was right or wrong Arnav typed on search machine, 

"Pregnancy symptoms.."

He again started deleting it, why was he even connecting Khushi's sickness with these?? Why was he thinking overboard?? Arnav shook his head and leaned back. A few minutes passed and he found himself retyping the same on browser engine.