Some MID Character Lore

This was on my Tumblr, and this is also VERY outdated, my view's have changed.

. . .

So previously I was asked about Pierce's anxiety, how it happened and how he reacted to it, in order for me to explain this I'll need to go back on a few headcanons I have.

Specifically, the headcanon of them all coming from different towns, and Pierce and Noi being good friends.

Before I start explaining anything I need you to keep this in mind as you read, each one of them was from a different part of the Dameos kingdom, and that both Pierce and Noi are past friends. In order to explain this, I made a chart to basically sum it all up.

There are 4 towns, the Kingdom being Dameos. The 4 towns being OakHeart, Aria, Ivywood, and Mistmore. Pierce came from OakHeart, Noi came from Aria, Leif came from Ivywood, Rhys came from Mistmore, and Asch came from Dameos.

Chart:

Now that I put that into perspective I need to talk about every town being different from each other because of their culture along with how the kingdom itself is structured

Now that I put that into perspective I need to talk about every town being different from each other because of their culture along with how the kingdom itself is structured. So OakHeart, Aria, Ivywood, and Mistmore and many other towns make up the kingdom of Dameos with forest separating the town from each other at a slight distance.

Culture:

OakHeart: This town's culture was based around strength and loyalty but had a split percentage of humans and demons living their which often made racism a problem in this town. OakHeart as the name says often has people who have big hearts or care for the safety of others live there though the humans that lived there thought otherwise. This town is usually a peaceful one and gives off safe vibes when entering the town and interacting with the demons that inhabit it the humans, however, are usually why demons tend to avoid them and give off an unsafe vibe.

Pierce came from this town and when he was a little kid he was an energetic one, he liked to socialize and tried to make as many friends as he could but soon became antisocial because of what the humans and human children that lived there treated him like. His anxiety mostly stems from how violent and hurtful the humans could be when he lived there and also the pressure from his parents to rise up and become apart of the royal army which was expected of most boys in almost every town. This all greatly effected his future and often caused his anxiety problems.

Aria: The town is mostly inhabited by demons but has a few humans in it to it also has a slightly similar culture to OakHeart and Mistmore. Aria is usually inhabited by demons and humans that wish not to harm anyone but rather practice magic and help those in need of it instead, healing magic is the most common type of magic in this town.

Most parents from this town don't want their children to serve for the royal guards but instead, stay and help their villages and the other villages around them.

Mistmore: This town is mostly populated by aquatic creatures(like mermaids/merman) and people who practice magic. There has been demon and mermaid/merman hybrids that have come from this city, both of Rhys parents were a different species so it's a surprise he didn't turn out to be a hybrid creature of them but that doesn't mean that he doesn't share some of their traits.

This is the most peaceful town out of all of them, OakHeart coming in second, and Aria coming in third. This town is structured around a balance of land and water.

Ivywood: This town has the most similar culture with the kingdom Dameos. This town only is inhabited by demons because of the humans that once lived there were killed off by the demons that now live there. This town also is very green along with having earth-like creatures here, and most people here tend to have gardening as a hobby of theirs. Demons that come from this town tend to have egos or be great/good killers, they also are the most populated town due to the ritual they share with the kingdom of Dameos.

This ritual usually happens yearly since it only happens when someone who once lived there turns 20, the month after they turn 20 they usually are set off into an animalistic craze to find a suitable mate if they don't it'll happen the next year until they do. This ritual is shared with the kingdom of Dameos, currently, Leif is the only one from the main series who hasn't gone through that phase due to the fact he's 19, soon to turn 20 in a few months.

Dameos: Dameos and Ivywood probably have the most closes cultures along with rituals. The royals in Dameos are the ones who usually decide a decision and can decide if they want to sentence someone to death or not. When Pierce heard that Noi was going to be put to death he convinced Asch to stop it but instead let him be his personal guard instead.

Currently, Asch is 20 and has already gone through his phase but will have to go through it again when he turns 21 until he finds a mate.

. . .

Now that we have all of that established let's actually talk about what I wanted to talk about, Pierce's anxiety.

Believe it or not, he wasn't actually a quiet kid he used to be a kid with a lot of passion for things he liked to do like playing instruments and stuff like that. But it all changed when he started interacting with the humans of his village. The humans that lived in the village hated demons but put up with them since their magic was a useful resource to them and helped farming and made things easier.

When he tried to interact with humans he was constantly called a "monster" which really hurt him as a kid and it still does today and even when he wouldn't that wouldn't stop them a specific group of human kids to try and find him and call him a "monster" again and again. To him, it felt like he couldn't escape them so he stopped trying to interact with them and stopped trying to go out and deal with them entirely but that wasn't the end of his anxiety problems.

In every town, except for Aria, a lot of pressure is put on their kids to try out to become part of the royal guard expect his parents took it to another level since he was their only son and their only hope in having a chance for this happening so it was worse for him.

He was told to listen to those above him, as in those who hold a higher position and power than him because they were better than him which started his behavior on constantly comparing himself to those above him and making him lose confidence in his ideas and thoughts which is why he barely ever speaks because he lost confidence on his ideas.

His anxiety mostly stems from constantly being labeled as a "monster" by the humans and how much pressure his parents put on him as a kid.

How did he figure out he had anxiety problems?

Because in Dameos no one knows that you can have Anxiety or Panic attacks due to the fact on how far back they are set. He couldn't really remember it, but his anxiety attack was started when he had a disagreement with Ava the day before, she accidentally called him a monster which started it, the word kept on haunting him bringing back painful memories but a day later when he was still stuck on it he and got in an argument with Asch and before he knew it the anxiety attack kicked in and he didn't really remember much of what happened.

Next thing he knew him and Noi were in the other room, well more likely the other side of the portal, Noi was worried about him and he didn't know what was going on since he had a vague understanding of what was going on. The situation left him thinking something was wrong with him until he told Ava on what happened eventually. She confirmed that it was probably something to do with an anxiety attack or something like that but she wasn't sure and couldn't exactly confirm it or not since she wasn't a doctor but he trusted her decision.