Chapter 14

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder and saying my name. Groaning, I cracked open one of my eyes, immediately being met with the face of Meliodas, already dressed and ready for school.

My eyes widened and I shot up from my spot on his bed.

"Oh god am I late for school?!" I exclaimed, panicking. He laughed and shook his head.

"I woke you up a little earlier so we could go to your house, grab your backpack and walk to school together," he explained. I nodded and got up as he handed me my uniform.

"I washed it this morning, you can wear it," he said. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you." He grinned and helped me out of bed. This time, I went to the bathroom and changed. Together we walked downstairs, hand in hand. I stopped when I saw Estarossa sitting at the table with another boy who had a striking resemblance to Meliodas.

My breathing hitched and I stopped dead in my tracks. Meliodas noticed him too and slipped his arm around my waist protectively.

"Ah, Meliodas, good morning," Estarossa greeted calmly. His eyes landed on me and he smirked, making me shiver and causing Meliodas's grip on me to tighten.

"And Elizabeth, what a pleasant surprise," he sang. I cleared my throat and turned away from him, going back to the black haired male across from Estarossa.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Elizabeth, Meliodas's-"

"Girlfriend." Everyone's eyes went wide, including my own.

"Girlfriend...?" Estarossa repeated quietly. Meliodas made a quiet 'mhm' sound. Estarossa looked at me expectantly. Hesitantly, I nodded my head.

"Well, good to meet you, Elizabeth, I'm Zeldris," he introduced.

"Nice to meet you too, Zeldris-"

"Well, we should probably get going, cya guys," Meliodas interrupted and pulled me out the door off to my house.

Time skip~

We'd made it to school in the nick of time, and the rest of the day was basically just a blur. Classes, lunch, and more classes.

I was now practically skipping home, excited for my date with Meliodas tonight. The moment I opened the door I was forced into a hug by my mother.

"Elizabeth!" she cried, squeezing me tight. I smiled and stroked her hair, hugging her back.

"Where were you?" she questioned, slapping my arm. "I was worried sick!" I laughed nervously and scratched behind my neck.

"I was at uh... a friends house," I lied. She looked suspicious but quickly smirked.

"Oooh I see," she mused, making me flush.

"W-Wait! No I-"

"Elizabeth," my father called, running towards me and crushing me in a hug. I gasped for air and patted his back.

"I'm so sorry about yesterday, I've really thought about what you've said and I'm trying to make amends with your mother." I nodded and pulled away, smiling.

"Thank you. Oh and my... friend is picking me up at five, I'm gonna go get ready!" I informed, running up the stairs and to my room.

I first took a shower and made myself as clean as possible. I then tore through my closet, trying to find something cute but casual. Afterwards, I did my hair and makeup. I was satisfied with the final look.

My hair was in a dutch braid that swept over my shoulder. I had light make up on, not too noticeable but it still got the job done. I had on black flats and a pink off the shoulder dress with a white cardigan. Lastly, I had a sequence hand bag.

Just then I got a text from Meliodas, saying he was outside. I ran down the stairs, shouting a goodbye to my mother and father, saying I would text them later. I opened the door to see Meliodas standing there in black pants, red sneakers and a white hoodie with a green dragon symbol on it. He dressed casual but still looked great.

"You look beautiful," he complimented.

"Thank you, you look wonderful." He took my hand in his and together he began leading me down the street. After a few turns, a carnival came into view, making my eyes light up.

Meliodas chuckled and together we walked into the carnival. We went on a bunch of rides, it was the most fun I'd ever had. We wanted to go on the Ferris wheel before we left, and that was the most memorable moment of it all.

Our cart lurched to a stop at the very top of the Ferris wheel, giving us a great view of the entire carnival. All the pretty lights and music, it seemed as if that moment couldn't have been anymore perfect. But it was.

Without warning, Meliodas grabbed my hands, making me look him in the eyes.

"Elizabeth I know I said this morning you were my girlfriend, but I want that word to have meaning to us. So, Elizabeth, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked hopefully. Tears streamed down my face as a smile spread across my lips.

"Yes!" I shouted. We leaned in and kissed, and when we did, a firework boomed, lighting up the night sky.

There may have been hundreds of people below us, but at the moment it felt as if we were the only people in the world.