Part 18

Credit to the Gif creator

Summary: A multi-chapter GoT x Reader series.

Angus arrives at Castle Black and to his distress finds his sister absent. Meanwhile, (YN)'s patience is tested with the challenges that her northern journey has thrown her way.

Series Warning: the series will roughly follow the TV storyline, so it's not always going to be smooth sailing for the reader

Pairings so far: Robb Stark x Reader

Word Count: 4275

Chapter Warnings: Angst, for both reader and other characters, that's about it.

Please feel free to leave a comment or message, feedback is always welcome and appreciated. I'd love to know what you think.

Jon was sitting quietly in the hall, talking with Sam while they broke their fast for the day

Jon was sitting quietly in the hall, talking with Sam while they broke their fast for the day. Quite some time had passed since his fellow brother's decided he would not be punished for the time he spent with the wildings, or admonished for the death of Qhorin Halfhand, leaving him to live and breathe for another day. Yet, the time moved painfully slow. In the following weeks since the 'Red Wedding,' which is what that fateful day had become known as, there had been not a single word of (YN) which was not founded upon mere rumours. Rumours which Jon refused to take any heed in because they only ever mentioned her death. Rumours, that if he believed them to be true, would leave him empty and hollow inside and slowly eaten away by the guilt he felt for not being able to honour the promise he made to his dead brother. Even though he realised that he could well be living on false hope, he didn't care, he would not think of her as dead until he received a message in his hands saying so. Until then, she was missing, just like every other member of his family, including Sansa who up and vanished as King Joffrey lay dying on his wedding day.

Placing the spoon in his empty bowl, Jon pushed it aside, his face holding a grimace, "That I think... is the worst bowl of porridge I have ever eaten."

Sam smiled and nodded his head in agreement, though he didn't answer. Instead, he spoke of the impending visit to Craster's Keep, a trip which he would not be making, "How soon will you be leaving for Craster's Keep?"

Giving a small sigh, Jon answered, "In about a week." After returning from north of the wall, Jon had warned of the fast growing Wildling Army that Mance Rayder, 'The King beyond the wall' had gathered. Warning that they were travelling to Castle Black to attack the Night's Watch and flee south into Westeros. And quite honestly, Jon couldn't blame them, between what he had seen and the growing stories about white walkers and wights, north of the wall was fast becoming an unforgiving and terrifying place to live. Yet, his loyalty to the Night's Watch left him obligated to serve them and he knew if Mance Rayder came into contact with the mutineers at Craster's Keep they would soon tell him that Castle Black held far less men than Jon had led him to believe. Even so, he knew there was probably no deterrent large enough to stop the impending wildling attack, but they had to try, even if it only brought them a little more time to prepare. So in a week or so, Jon would take a small party north to either kill or capture the mutineers. Besides, those murderous deserters needed to be brought to justice for the murder of their Lord Commander, Jeor Mormont and their fellow Night's Watch brother's.