Part 15

Summary: A multi-chapter GoT x Reader series.Robb and (YN) make an important decision about their role in the war. And the whole Stark Army arrive at 'The Twins, looking forward to the wedding of Lord Edmure Tully, giving them the chance for some much-needed respite.

Series Warning: the series will roughly follow the TV storyline, so it will not all be happy endings for Robb and the reader. The reader may or may not be paired with another character, further down the line.

Word Count: 5433 This one's a bit longer than most. (Of all chapters I had to drag out, it had to be this one, I'm sorry guys)

A/N: Okay, so the time has arrived for the dreaded Red Wedding, for all you Robb Stark faithful's I completely understand if you want to walk away today and never return, you have my blessing. If you choose to read on, I'm sorry.

Chapter Warnings: So this is very angsty, descriptions of violence, death of a character (or two), emotional pain, grief. Its basically got the lot. Please read with caution.

Hope you enjoy and please, feel free to drop me a message/comment, feedback is always welcomed and encouraged.

Just as everyone had expected the Karstarks up and left the moment Robb took their Lord's head and just as his wife predicted they left with all their vassal houses in tow, leaving the already outnumbered Stark army even further depleted

Just as everyone had expected the Karstarks up and left the moment Robb took their Lord's head and just as his wife predicted they left with all their vassal houses in tow, leaving the already outnumbered Stark army even further depleted. After some lengthy discussions with his remaining lords, Robb decided his best option was to gather a few more soldiers via brokering a new deal with the Frey's, they were the only family who supported them that had a good number of fighting men left. And with Lord Frey growing dissatisfied with the current betrothal arrangements between House Stark and his own, Robb knew they ran the risk of losing the Frey soldiers that already currently fought for them. Lord Frey was known as a fickle man at best and if he deemed their current betrothal arrangements unsatisfactory then he was quite likely to switch sides and support the Lannisters instead. So after a meeting with Lord Frey's grandson, Black Walder and corresponding messages between the two houses, a new arrangement was finally agreed upon. Just as planned, Robb and (YN)'s first born son and daughter would each marry a Frey of their choosing, but with the whereabouts of both Ayra and Rickon unknown, it was decided that Catelyn's brother, Lord Edmure of Riverrun, would marry one of Lord Frey's daughters within the fortnight. Edmure had not been pleased by the arrangement at all, but after some not so subtle persuasion from 'the Blackfish,' he kindly agreed to do his part for the good of his family and the war. And with the new influx of fresh soldiers, Robb would be able to continue his fight against the crown, the first plan of attack being to hit the Lannister's ancestral home, Casterly Rock. (YN) was rather disappointed by the decision hoping he would choose to return to Winterfell instead, where he could defend his home and the North, believing the Lannisters would pursue them to serve justice for defying the crown and to bring the North back within the fold of the seven kingdoms.

Normally, it wasn't a long trip from Riverrun to the Twins, but the weather was horrendous, making the travel slow and rather unbearable. The roads were nothing but churned up clay, so soft and wet that the poor horse's hooves would sink to their ankles, leaving them weak and exhausted by the middle of the first day. And the wind blew so hard that the rain came in sideways, soaking every one through, making it virtually impossible to keep their eyes open. By the middle of the second day, they soon realised that the roads were so bad they would not arrive in time and so they sent Lord Frey a raven to inform him, knowing it would quite happily give him something else to complain about, yet there was nothing they could do. Thankfully, the day before they were due to arrive saw the wind settle and the rain cease completely, even the sun had decided to reappear and show it's long forgotten face, bringing a lighter mood amongst the whole Stark party. Even though they were yet to lose a battle, they were still not winning the war and after months of nothing but bad news and setbacks, the men were looking forward to the wedding, giving them some much-needed respite, an opportunity to celebrate and a chance to forget about the war, if only for a few days.