CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

TWENTY TWO: RICHARD.

We've been searching online for Richard Coleman all day and found nothing. We nearly lost all hope and was about to give up but for an article written by Stella Caprilee, a known journalist.

It said that he was in Oklahoma for two months and there he found his wife or as he described her, his everything, after their honeymoon in Paris, they move back to Minnesota, where they are current residents. It said that he was recently involved in an accident where by, a gang beat him up and robbed him. He was discharged from the hospital a week ago after full recovery.

Luckily the article stated his address. Lucy, Clifford and I wasted no time in going to the given address.

*****
As we arrived, fear instantly gripped me. I found myself sweating much and my hands were shaking.

With trembling hands, I knocked on the door. After few minutes, it swung open. I immediately froze to the spot. I was looking at my father, Richard Coleman.

Why am I doing this again?

Oh right! Because I deserve all the love the world could possibly offer me and for my mother .

"Debby? Is that really you?" The deep voice of my father echoed in my ears. He looked different from nine years ago. Wow! Nine whole years since I've seen this so called man that claims to be my father. Now he looked bigger, his muscles showed really well and it nearly tore the sleeves of his white shirt, his veins were hard to miss especially on his hands and forehead, his rock hard chest was transparent although the material of shirt was thick. His facial features were different too, his eyebrows were bushier, his face was harder, but there was still the tiniest of spark in his set of blue eyes that could make me tell he was my father.

"Richard," I greeted coldly.

"You came!" He said with a huge smile plastered on his face as if he were expecting me.

Before I get the chance to speak, a lady in red hair, dressed in transparent red shirt and a really short black skirt with red six inches high heels came up to the door and offered a tray of cookies.

Like hungry orphans, Clifford and Lucy greedily grabbed at the cookies like they have never tasted them before but I was so not concerned about cookies, I had questions that needs answering.

"Don't you want a cookie?" My father points to the tray of cookies in red hair's hand.

Nice try dad!

He was trying to buy me and my love back but he forgot I am not a child and my love had to be earned.

I ignore his question and ask mine,

"Who's she?" I nod my head towards red hair.

"This is Cathrine, my wife." He said.

Nah! I'm sticking with red hair, fits her better.

"Come in kids." Red hair gestured.

If any questions please feel free to message me.

Please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter.