CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN: VICTOR.

As I sat across Clifford during lunch I couldn't help but think back to yesterday. The heated argument between Lucy and I.

I still couldn't believe that she would actually stick that low and research on my past life. If she knew all along, why didn't she say anything? Why wait till now? I honestly, couldn't figure out answers to  the questions that ran freely in my mind at that time.

"Have you seen Lucy today?" Clifford asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"No." I briefly answered.

"Last night, she called me and was crying that you guys had a fight. What was that about?" He asked.

"Could you believe she was following us all this while?" I said in pure disgust.

"Uhm...... Yes." He nodded, looking at me like I should have known that. "Do you blame her? We did shut her out plenty of times."

"We did but it does not justify her actions......" I stop at a realization, "you knew?"

"Yes." He nods. "She complained about it to me."

"And you didn't think to tell me because?" I asked getting furious with him as well.

"Dee, we were waiting for you to come our to tell her." He states like that suddenly explains everything.

"That doesn't mean you don't tell me this stuff, I thought we were friends?"

" We are." He tries to get a grip of my hand but I am quick to move it back. I stand up and walk out of the cafeteria, practically running down the hall into the parking lot.

I sat on a bench outside, the cold breeze, sweeping my hair across my face. Few tears stream down my cheeks from hurt. Running my hands into my hair, I groan out loud, "life sucks." I kicked at a small pebble on the ground.

"Now why would life suck for such a beautiful girl like you." I look up to find the voice. A guy in black, holding a cigarette between his fingers, twirling it, another one rested behind his ears.

I chuckled, "wondering the same."

"Victor. May I get the pleasure of knowing your name?" He takes a drag from his cigarette as he sits beside me.

"Debby. You new here?" I ask.

"Yes. Just moved here with my mom." He said.

Victor and I talked for a long time, mostly about his family. How his little sister's death broke him, his dad blaming his mom for her death continuously, his parents isolating him because his mom was too depressed and his dad was self centered, his parents divorce and how him and his mom ended up moving to Minnesota to get away from his dad and their life over there. I felt really bad for him, must have been awful going through that.

Please leave a vote if you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks to all that voted on this book. Ilysm 💗