4. The "New" girl

Nicole's POV
Ever since, King's party shit been real icy. The girl, Daquan brung to the party recently transferred to our school. Why? I have no idea. We're currently in AP English and honestly I could tell I was going to hate this class, with a passion. Don't get me wrong school comes easily to me.. it's whose in this class. Cayla the new girl, Daquan, Mylen, Ari, me and Rell. The semester just started and actually this was our first day back from Spring Break. Mr. Lucas, was letting us pick our seats. He came back from break with a whole new attitude. Pussy is power, i thought to myself. It was tablets of five. The 4 of us ending up seating with this pretty Dominican looking girl named, Mílan. She was new as well. I exchanged numbers with her, she seemed chill asf.

**ding ding**
Unknown number: when ima see you again?
Me: who is this?
Unknown number: King.
Me: Kentrell King?
King: yeah shorty 😂
Me: how you get my number? I didn't give it to you I don't think.
King: the same way I know ya name. Nicole.

Instead of replying, I just left him on read. Ari and Mylen was being noisy asl steady asking who i was texting and why I'm smiling so hard causing Daquan to look my way. now he won't stop glaring at my fucking head. Then, you got his new bitch staring at me, all cause he staring like damn. The bell finally rings. I make a clean dash to the door, I can't get outta here fast enough. I heard my name being called but that only made me move quicker. When I realized whoever it was wasn't gonna let up I give up.. turning around. "Dang Nicole, I had to keep a steady jog to keep up with you" Mílan laughed. My fault, I said. Remembering I agreed to show her around since we had a similar schedule.

Mílan and I, was currently in the girls locker room changing back into our regular clothes. When my phone dinged for the 50th time. I decided, I wasn't gonna answer whoever it was. After getting dressed we both walked to my locker to wait on Ari. You should come to the basketball game Friday, Mílan. "Who you going with?" She questioned. Ari, why? "I could be wrong but ion think she likes me.. she was mugging me in English after we exchanged numbers" that's just Ari, I said trying to make Mílan feel better. I did peep Ari mugging her tho, ima have to check into that.

**ding ding**
Notifications:

Ari: come to the senior lot. ASAP. (Now)
King: Don't make me pull up on you. (30mins ago)
Daquan: you really fucking that nigga (2hours ago)

26 Facebook notifications.
1 instagram request.

Me to Ari: we're on our way!
Ari: we?
Me: me & Mílan
Ari: fuck no. You don't kno shit about her. And she's not riding in my car Nicole 🙄💯

She starting to get on my nerves with this my car shit. Like cool it, you got a lil 2015 Toyota ain't nobody hurting to get in that mfa.

Me: you just dtm. you don't even know her but wanna judge her. Move with allat jealous shit fr Arianna that shit ain't a good look on you boo.

She always did that, and to be honest that shit is starting to get old. Mílan mad cool and she pretty so that's a double plus in my book. Arianna, just don't want me to have any other friends but her. Literally she been running them off since middle school.

Ari: it's me or her.
Me: I'm not choosing.
Ari: we'll see 🙃

When we reached the senior lot. The first person who caught my eye was Kentrell. He's really hard to miss.. between his bright red Audi and his loud ass groupies.

"Who's that?" Mílan asked buckling her eyes towards King.

Kentrell King aka the King of LA, licking my lips. Come on, ima introduce you to everybody.

After crossing the lot, and bypassing King's groupies. I greeted everybody even Ari, I didn't want Mílan to pick up on us not talking.. I didn't want her to think it's because of her. She really cool peoples and this is just part of Ari game to run her off. Everybody, this is Mílan. She's new to the city.

Rell, you know Mílan alread- "and how tf you know her already Tyrell?!" Shannade damn near screamed, Shonnon nodding in agreement with the meanest frown on her face. "English.. Damn chill y'all jealous asses out" Rell said annoyed. Anyways, I laughed. King meet Mílan. King nods his head towards her, while pulling me into a hug. Iffy, I hugged him back. "Why you ain't text me back?" King whispered into my ear, I didn't know I was obliged too, I waved him off. "When the king of LA text your phone you text back" he said in a demanding tone. Kentrell, ion take orders. You might run the streets but me? I chuckled issa no. "We'll see about that Nic. Matter fact get in." He said. Nah, I'm good.. plus I got Mílan with me. "Aye, Mílan you tryna go for a ride?" She looked towards me with an eyebrow raised. I bet she thinking we go together.. "I'm not on no funny shit" Kentrell quickly expressed "Nicole tryna use you as an excuse". Mílan laughs " ion wanna be no 3rd wheel wtf I'm good"

King quickly ran his hand over his face. He didn't think this all the way through. Most bitches jump to be in his presence but Nicole could careless. "Man, fuck allat get in the car both y'all asses" King said. Everybody passed each other a look. Ari pulled Nicole to the side, "look sis, y'all might as well go see what he wants.. he seem interested in you." Maan, I don't know. I fuck around say the wrong shit and he pull another gun out on me. "Girl that was different and you know it" she laughs. "Aye, Mílan" , Ari calls out. "Yeah?" Mílan answers, "first, I just wanna apologize for how I was mugging you earlier.. me and nic been friends since 5th grade, it's only been us since middle school.. I'm not used to sharing her but you honestly seem coo and chill. For you to take Nic side instead of hopping in Kings car after finding out who he is, just proves you was meant to be with us. You a real one for that"