Chapter 6

The door opens, Sebastian motioning for me to enter in behind him. I nod, and wheel the cart into the room, gently putting it on top of the beautiful (e/c) (e/t) Victorian rug.

"How was your lesson My Lord?" Sebastian asks out loud, but no one appears to be anywhere in the room, especially not behind the large dark wooden desk in which Sebastian is facing, looking at the empty chair behind it.

"The usual." A voice replies, and then sighs. I'm a bit puzzled at the source of the voice, then someone walks out from behind the chair and sits down in it slowly, his expression annoyed as he taps his fingers against the desk, his other hand underneath his chin.

My eyes widen a bit at the appearance of the man sitting before me. Man? No that can't be. Child would be more like it. He seems to be around the age of 13, with short navy blue hair and a piercing blue eye. That's right. An eye. The other seems to be covered by a black eye patch which his hair mostly covers anyway. His eye scans Sebastian, ignoring me completely.

"I saw Miss Shaw out; did you not see her on your way over?" The boy asks, playing with a silver ring with a blue Hope gem that is on his left thumb, a gold signet ring on the opposite hand's thumb.

Sebastian furrows his eyebrows and puts a hand thinkingly to his chin. "No, I believe I was a bit, occupied, to see our weekly guest out Young Master."

Young Master? This little shrimp is the Lord Earl Ciel Phantomhive? Oh you've just got to be kidding me. I hold in an audible sigh as I think about Lord Trancy, yet another young boy Earl. I just hope the Watchdog has better manners than the Spider.

I refocus my attention back to the situation at hand, trying to finalize a position here so I'm not back on the streets as I was when Sebastian found me. I see Ciel shrug; clearly bored with the small talk he was having with his butler.

Sebastian notices this, for he walks over to me, his front completely unseen by Ciel, and gives me a reassuring smile and nod. I return the nod and pick up the tray with my delicate hands, making sure as not to spill the tea, and walk over to the Earl's desk.

"Today's midafternoon tea is your favorite of Earl Grey accompanied by a light and creamy Cocoa Flummery."As Sebastian speaks I set the tea down in front of Ciel and the cake-like dessert beside it, and bow to him and stand back up, gesturing to the saucers and the cup. "All with the Victorian Sterling Silver tea and dessert set."

Ciel's eye widens a bit in surprise, as I take the tray away and walk back over to Sebastian and the moving cart, giving Sebastian a golden smirk.

"Looks like someone is familiar with their tea and dinnerware sets." Sebastian whispers to me as I set the tray on the top section of the moving cart, my smirk growing wider.

"Well of course I do. My mother taught me all there is to know about them. Being a maid runs in my family." I look at him and put my hands on my hips, fabric quickly covering my hands in an attempt to get back to its original place.

"Glad to know someone will be finally able to take good care of the silverware." Ciel comments in the background, Sebastian and I both putting our attention to him.

"Yes, I will My Lord, as I will be able to cook, tend the garden, and make sure your days go as planned." I nod to Ciel and see Sebastian smirking beside me, his eyes fully on Ciel.

"And by what name do you go by?"

"(l/n), (y/n) Sir." I keep nodding, and then stop quickly realizing it seems rude as a blush creeps up my (e/c) neck.

"Is this a name I'll be able to trust?" Ciel asks, his eye piercing into my (e/c) ones, his eye analyzing and calculating what he'll do net, like a game of chess, and I his pawn.

"Only if you are willing to trust me My Lord." I look at him steady, never dropping my gaze or letting my hands falter from my hips, keeping the stance of certainness and strength.

"Very well. And I suppose my butler brought you here so you could request a job here, mhm?" Ciel takes a sip of his tea, a satisfied look crossing his features ever so quickly.

"Yes, Miss (f/n) got attacked by vulgar men after she lost her job from Lord Earl Alois Trancy, and since she was in the hospital being treated by Madam Red, I decided to offer her a job in debt to my saving her life." Sebastian looks at his Master with a challenging look.

Ciel's expression becomes amused as he takes a bite of his Cocoa Flummery. "Trancy you say?" His voice is muffled from the food in his mouth, which makes the words come out more as "Tansy o si?"

 I hold my hand up and Ciel nods to me. "I don't mean to be rude, My Lord, but speaking to someone, even a low servant as I, with your mouth full is considered inappropriate behavior, especially conducted by a high Earl as yourself." 

Ciel at first is taken aback by my outburst, and then his lips curl into a smirk. "You know what; I'll give you a deal. Show to me that you deserve to work here for a whole month, and the position is all yours. Now Sebastian, introduce her to the others please. And (f/n), welcome to the Phantomhive Estate."