Chapter 15

(Y/N)'s POV

I groan, blinking my eyes open, as they meet a high, white ceiling.

Wait.

I opened my eyes?

I thought I was in the kitchen with Claude...?

Wait.

Claude?

I thought....?

I groan again as my mind waves away the fog.

No, not Claude. Sebastian. I work for Ciel Phantomhive now.

Moving my eyes around for a minute, I realize I'm in a room I don't recognize, and it definitely isn't the kitchen of the Phantomhive manor.

"Miss (l/n)?" A voice comes loudly from my right, my left muffled by a couch.

I turn my head, my confusion worsening as I meet eyes with Sebastian, a concerned look blanketing his brow, sweat beading at his scalp, limbs slightly trembling.

"Sebastian...? What happened?" I try to sit up, but a blinding searing pain rips through my forehead, causing my to jolt back down on the couch, my face flinching on impulse.

"You shouldn't move for a while. You passed out in the kitchen earlier due to your concussion. You should rest for the rest of the day. I'll see to Ciel's lessons, and have the other three attend to you in your room I moved you to work too quickly. That is my fault."

Removing his gloves, Sebastian places a hand to my forehead, the other balancing him on his knees in front of the couch.

I wince at the contact, my head pounding as if someone is taking a sledgehammer to my head, and I feel his hand twitch, as he sets it back beside his other one.

I swallow the pain, and look at Sebastian. "No. I'm fine. I'll attend to Ciel's lessons, you worry about his dinner, I can handle it. Injury is no excuse to miss work. Plus I need this job,, or else I'm screwed."

The butler sighs, giving me a harsh look. "You passed out in the kitchen and almost cracked your skull open, I think our Master will understand the problem at hand."

"I'm not about to show weakness in from of my new Master. Weakness isn't very becoming." The words are from my lips before I can stop them, Claude's face blinking in my mind. I cast my eyes downward, remembering who exactly said those words to me. I lick my lips, and try to shut the memory out, but it's upon me quicker than I can stop it.

~ Memory ~

I feel my (e/c) heels click hastily on the floor, tray in one hand, as I make my way towards Master Alois's study, checking my pocket watch with the other.

Ah yes, right on time. As usual.

I click the (e/c) watch shut, and place it back in it's comfortable home inside the pocket of my corset, the chain tangling from it ever so slightly.

Opening the large mahogany door with my free hand, I enter the quiet study, and am greeted by a teenage boy, his smile mischievously bright.

"(Y/N)! Just as I was expecting you, I was! You're always on time for me~! What do you have for me today?"

I let out a small chuckle at my Master's actions, setting the closed tray on the table in front of him, removing the top to expose the still steaming contents.

"Today we have a side of chocolate fondue with biscuits, and a cup of Earl Grey with two sugars and a tablespoon of honey, all on your pick of silver Medallion French silverware." I bow to him, take the cup and saucer off the tray, setting two cubes of sugar into the cup, pouring the tea gently on top of it, and placing the food beside it, taking the bottom half of the tray off the table, sweeping the cover back on it and moving it back to one hand.

"You know honey isn't good for the hygiene of a Earl." I sense his presence before I hear his words. The reflection of the light from his glasses glints as he takes his place beside Alois, his tailcoat swishing into place, bright golden eyes locked onto me.

"And speaking up when not asked to speak isn't good for the health of a butler!" Alois retorts, huffing audibly as he puts his feet up on his desk and takes a crunch of biscuit.

Claude clicks his tongue down at the Young Master, but doesn't say anything

I move my attention back to Alois, my heart rate starting to pick up with him in the room. "If you don't request anything else, I shall take my leave."

Alois hesitates, before waving me off. Nodding graciously, I move quickly to leave the room, my heels making audible clicks with my movements.

Making my way quickly back to the kitchen to clean the tray, I pass by Hannah and the triplets on my way, Hannah giving me a small wave and smile, the triplets just nodding. I give a smile back, grateful for Hannah's kindness towards me.

Must be because I'm the only other girl besides her...

Or just the fact that she doesn't like Claude either...

I shrug off my thoughts, as I enter the kitchen, warm with the heating of the stove, as it prepares for the roast I'm making for dinner.

Washing the dishes, the sound of the blasting water muffles out the sound of the door re opening, and a butler coming in, lips curled up into a hungry smirk.

I shut off the water and dry my hands, rolling up the sleeves of my (e/c) maid outfit, moving to the cabinets, lifting myself onto my tippy toes to grab the big pot I need.

Fingertips grazing it, I curse under my breath. I stretch out a bit more, but another air of hands grabs it, taking it out and setting it on the counter in front of me, hands gracefully move to pin me against the counter and close the cabinet at the same time.

"You know, I can't stand when you do things like that behind my back."

His words are close to a snarl, a predator's hungry wail.

I swallow, avoiding his gaze completely, knowing what his eyes must look like at this point. "I'm afraid I'm not sure to of what it is you are talking about."

He growls low in my ear, hands tightening around my waist, my eyes gluing shut, fists clenching at my sides, stomach in throat. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. I made rules here, and I expect you to follow them, or it won't end very well for you."

I try to shove him off, but my shaking hands are too weak to push his demon strength. His free hand removes his glasses, placing them behind me, as his eyes narrow, the pink glow burning into my irises, paralyzing me, weakening me.

I feel his lips trail the bottom of my ear, my body to weak and under his control to do anything. He chuckles, his grip becoming hungrier on my waist. "You know, weakness isn't very becoming."