Epilogue

(Y/N)'s POV

The first sensation I feel is a shear ripping pain throughout my skull, like a crushing hammer smashing my frame to bits.

The second is the paralyzing pain in my back, like someone is repeatedly stepping on my back with the intention to snap me in two.

The third is how weak my body feels, as if all my organs were sucked out through a tube while I was asleep,my memory fuzzy.

What the hell even happened?

And how long have I been out?

Ugh.

I groan, opening my eyes, blinking furiously a few times to adjust to the bright light streaming down upon my face. I look around the room, everything white.

Wait.

I'm not...

Oh God.

My heart rate picks up, and a bleeping sound coming from beside me snaps me from my thoughts, and I find its source: a machine humming loudly on top of the high pitched wailing coming from its speakers.

 A heart monitor?

A door swings open, and I watch as two women in white coats that are billowing around them come in, concerned looks on their faces, and purpose in their gaits.

One moves over to the machine as the other comes over to my side.

"You're awake." Her words are more surprised than anything, a small smile playing on her thin painted lips, her eyes darting over to the other woman, both whom I assume are nurses.

"I'm good in here Barbra. It was just her heart monitor picking up active signals." The one beside me nods at the other nurse, Barbra, who leaves the room without another word or so much as  glance in my direction.

"Alright, what do we have here? Vital signs seem to be normal, heart rate a bit fast, but expected, eye movement and response good, pure soul, check..."

I listen to the nurse as I feel my eyelids tug themselves shut, my body screaming for more rest, but the last part of her sentence throws me for a loop, jolting my senses and mind awake, my eyes popping open and making contact with hers.

Gold irises hiding behind slim-rimmed glasses, the lenses glaring due to the reflection by the bright hospital light above us.

Gold?

That's not possible.

Unless...

"Oh kitten, you do realize I know what you think, right?" The voice that had come out of the woman before has changed, deeper in octave, seductive in it's tone and word choice, all too familiar.

"No." I say the word out loud this time, earning a smirk from the nurse beside me, who's features seem to be changing the more I stare at her.

"Now, let's not be like that. You know how I feel about rejection.." The deep voice of Claude rolls of her tongue, as she climbs onto the bed, her uncovered legs on either side of mine, straddling me.

I blink, and her face is right in front of me. Wait, not a her, but a him. Claude. I feel my body freeze as he runs a gloved hand against my cheek, a seductive smirk tugging his lips apart, his pink eyes shining through the lens glare of his glasses.

He leans forward even more, hands now on either side of my head, our faces just inches apart, pink eyes boring into mine.

"Oh kitten, I'm so ready to eat you up." His breath is hot on my neck, the words he speaks being imprinted on the skin where the air hits them.

His teeth now protrude from the cage of his lips, his head moving to beside mine, and I feel his lips on my skin, sucking gently.

"Mmm, you still taste the same. Delicious."

I struggle beneath the demon's weight, grunts escaping my mouth from the effort.

All sound is silenced by the sound of his teeth biting down on my neck, marking me, the bruise bound to turn into his symbol, my vision blurring, a banshee scream ripping its way through my lungs and out of my throat.

****

I sit straight up despite the pain in my spine, my voice coming out in ragged breaths, sweating adorning my entire body, the cloth covering me sticking to every curve.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I jolt away from it, searing pain shocking my back and ribs, and I collapse back onto the mattress.

"(Y/N)..." I hear a voice, presumably belonging to the person who had touched me, say.

Looking over, I see Sebastian's familiar and comforting face, and a smile breaks through.

"Sebastian...what happened?" I groan, my mind and body awake enough now to register the state of pain it resides in.

I hear him sigh, a gloved hand moving to cover his forehead, fingers rubbing his temples, as if just thinking about something gives him a headache.

"Now is not the time for the discussion. I will explain, but later. Now you need to focus on feeling better."

Now it's my turn to sigh, as I look up at the ceiling. "I didn't lose my job over whatever happened, did I?" I wince, hoping it's not a get 'better and then leave' type shit show I'm in.

The head butler shakes his head. "Nothing of the sort. If anything, I think it solidified your position here. Young Master wants you here, and here only. Whatever the two of you spoke about during his dinner awake something within in, and he wants you here. Permanently."

Joy courses through my veins alongside the pain, numbing my senses for a little bit. "Really?"

I look over at Sebastian for confirmation, and he just nods, and I notice a small smile on his otherwise aggravated countenance.

"I should probably head out to give the Master his lessons, but may I just say one thing before I go?" The butler looks at me, his expression soft. Not wanting to spoil the moment, I just nod, giving him the ground to talk.

He bends down, getting down on presumably his knees, his height now eye level with my reclining body.

"I know you don't know what happened, and you will, with due time, but I just wanted to tell you (y/n), that I will fix it, no matter what it takes. I learned something about myself the other night because of you, and I want to follow that new part of me, and I want to protect youI know what happened between you and Claude, and I want you to know that that will never happen again as so long as you're here, with me. I will protect you, and I want to show you that not all of us demons are foul creatures."

I don't have a long enough time to process his words before he stands up, ready to leave. His words swim my head as he bends down, this time at the waist and not the knees, so that he's leaning over my form.  He brings himself closer to me, and I feel his lips brush against mine for a fleeting moment.

But it only takes a moment for me to feel a spark between our lips, a shock that doesn't end up leaving me in pain, but for more of his lips.

He must see the look in my eyes, for he comes back down, his lips brushing closer against my lips, his moves still hesitant. Ignoring the pain ripping through my every move, I bring my hands up out from under the sheets, and gently cup Sebastian's face, his movements freezing momentarily, as I bring his face up against mine, connecting his lips to mine.