Chapter 6

I just finished having cheerleading practice and as I was leaving the school I noticed Ben standing at the end of the hallway, watching me as though he was waiting for me.

"You busy now?" he asked as I approached him.

"No, not really"I replied, not showing the surprise in my voice. He probably wanted to talk about the project. At least he seems to be making an effort.

"Okay. How about we go somewhere where we can talk?" he asked as he walked into the parking lot and they followed closely behind him.

"Like where?"

"How about the ice cream parlor down the Block?" He asked as he stood in front of a black Mercedes which I assume to to be his car.

"sure" I answered getting in. This was pretty weird. I mean it's not like I've not been in a Mercedes cause I have friends like Austin. It's just..........weird. I don't know how to explain.

The car ride was silent and a little bit awkward but you know... such is life. I snuck a few glances at him. He was attractive. You didn't have to tell me twice. He had the best features; high cheekbones, chiseled jawline, long eyelashes and all that. His hair was a dark shade of brown and his eyes were a light shade of brown. He obviously worked out.

I don't really know much about Ben Arthur. I only know his basic profile. He's a striker on the soccer team. He's best friends with Tom Henris,school goalkeeper, and Zane Mccarthy, soccer team captain. He's hot and really rich.

He's popular.

I know nothing about his personality. All the times I hung out with the soccer team, he was always reserved. I might even think he's antisocial.

It was the only ice cream parlor in our neighborhood and where me and my friends usually spent most of our time. What can I say? Stacy and Austin like their ice cream.

We got to the parlor, took our seats and ordered our ice creams. I ordered plain vanilla and he ordered strawberry cheesecake. When he got back to his seat with our icecreams he was staring at me with a small smile on his face.

"Why the look on your face?" I asked subtly taking a spoon of icecream.

"I don't know anyone who takes just plain vanilla " he replied and I just giggled.

I know he didn't mean anything but it's not my fault my head's in the gutter.

" I actually wanted to apologise for my first impression on you " he started uneasily looking at his icecream " I know it's no excuse but I was in a really shitty mood the whole day. I just hope we can be good partners" he finished looking up at me.

"Sure, its okay" I answered " So project still on at your house?"

"Yeah"

"You don't seem like a bad partner. Why do all your previous partners complain?" I asked after some moments of silence.

Was that question too straight forward? Oh well, such is life.

"I'm not the nicest person. I can be cold at times, I guess."He shrugged.

"Okay but why are you being nice now?"

"I'm becoming a better person, I guess" he said awkwardly.

"Awwwwwwwe " I coed and he gave me a dry stare. Then I cackled.

" I should get going" I said after finishing my icecream."See you later"

"Do you need a ride home?"he offered seeming caring.

"No, I'm okay " I refused curtly.

"You sure?"

"I'd rather walk home." I said standing up "It's like exercise. "

"I don't really mind if that's the reason"

"I'm not a damsel in distress. I can't get home on my own" I retorted chuckling making him crack a small smile " Bye. Have a nice rest of your day. Till next time"

"See ya" he replied and I walked away and left the restaurant.

《 《《《《《《《♡♡♢♢♧》》》》》》》》

I was using my usual route route to get back home when I passed a man. He was tall, lanky and looked I'll. I didn't know this man but I felt like I was supposed to know this man. I think he also felt so too because he turned in his tracks and I could feel his eyes on me.

"Veronica" he called, his voice a little bit groggy.

It wasn't my but the voice was familiar. Suddenly I started hearing the voice in my head with a bunch of different scenes playing. I couldn't picture anything. It was blurry. It was chaotic. I do understand; like hear the voice saying things; demeaning things, hurtful things, scary things. I could feel my body trembling.

The imagery was becoming worse. I I could hear that piercing screams. I could hear wails and evil laughter. I could hear gunshots and one last piercing scream before. I blacked out.

♢♢♢♢♢
Thanks so much for reading.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Don't forget to vote and comment.