Chapter 4

-Harry's POV-

I've found something pretty interesting and it's been bothering me all morning since I've seen it. I know I shouldn't even be looking at it and I'm sure the others have all learned to ignore it. Like usual my curiosity had gotten the better of me and it's all because of one word that stuck out on my iPhone like mad. "Narry." Yes I know I had already seen it before, but it had never meant anything. Due to much more recent events this word has become much more relevant to me.

It started out innocently enough I was just hanging around on Twitter. I was about to get off when suddenly one of my followers had tweeted me this picture of me and Niall, "@4everNarry: omg this makes my heart melt how can anybody not think they are made for one another??what do you say@Harry_Styles" when I opened the gif it was from one of our concerts.

It was Niall and I standing behind Liam when suddenly we looked over at one another for a split second and Niall's hand reached out for mine. I instantly felt my cheeks flare up because of how nervously I smiled in the picture as my hand reached out to grab his swinging it back and forth a bit.

I was staring at the never ending gif when, "Harry you ok?" I fumbled with my phone almost dropping it and locked it. I could hear my heart pounding in my chest as I looked up at none other than the source of my problems. "Y-Yeah Niall why do you ask?" I said trying to sound as normal as possible. I watched as he fumbled with the corner of his shirt and I wondered why he would be so nervous. Oh yeah, maybe the way I was snapping at him had something to do with that.

"Oh nothing you just looked a little flustered is all." If my cheeks weren't red before they certainly were now. My face felt warm as I looked down from his gaze and I just hoped he hadn't noticed it. I wanted to say something to make him go away, or make another bullshit excuse to leave the room. No, what good would that do now? It would just make me feel like shit again.

Then again would it matter? I need him to go away. I need to create that space between us so that I won't be tempted to do anything stupid, but the thought of seeing Niall hurt, or crying because of me? Just because I was selfish? I couldn't do that to him no matter how much I wanted to walk out of that room right now, I couldn't.

"No I'm fine Niall. Um...would you like to sit? Or something." Great, I sound like an idiot. I looked up at him nervously for his answer and my breath caught in my throat. You know that smile, the one that just lights up his face like he's the happiest person in the world. Did I really just make him that happy? I didn't think I was ever such a big source of happiness for him. It just made me feel worse for trying to push him away for the past few days.

"Sure Haz!" he said happily and walked over sitting next to me. I couldn't help but grin as he leaned back. He looked over at me with his head tilted a bit and he laughed throwing his head back before looking over at me with a smile again. "I know I'm good looking Harry but do you have to stare?" he asked and I looked away chuckling a bit nervously not really knowing how to reply.

Was I really staring? I should have just left, but if I did I knew Niall would start to blame himself and think it was his fault I was acting this way. It was true yes but I didn't want to do that to him. "Sorry Ni can you blame me for getting lost in those blue eyes of yours?" Really Harry, Is this your attempt to make things seem normal, to flirt with him? Wait was he blushing, oh great now I'm blushing. Congratulations if you were trying to make things any more awkward between the two of you, you just managed to do it.