Ch. 3

(b.h.h)

I nervously walk into the large building, I try finding Mr. Kim or someone that can help me until a guy taps my shoulder.

"Are you Byun Baekhyun?" He asks me.
"A-Ah yes."
"Mr.Park asked me to show you around a bit before I brought you to him."

I nodded before asking, "What's your name?"
"Kim Jongin, the head choreographer and Mr.Park's closest friend." He smiles cutely, "I hope you end up working here, Baekhyun."
I smile back, "I hope so too, Jongin."

Jongin shows me some of the offices, cafeteria, and introduced me Zhang Yixing, the main producer. Jongin knew this building well, it's like he was the vice president himself, he must come to these parts to visit Mr. Park quite often.

"Now to Mr. Park's office!" Said Jongin

We walk towards the office then he stops me right outside.

"Just knock the door and go in, and Baekhyun...he might be a jerk at first- I don't know, but give him a chance okay?"

After hearing Jongin's words I start to get nervous, "O-Okay.."
"Don't be nervous! If you need anything text me." He slides a card with his number on it into my hands.

I take a deep breath and knock on the door, then I hear a deep voice say "Come in."

I slowly open the door and close it behind me.

"Hello I'm Byun Baekhyun And I'm your new personal secretary" I bow.

I'm too nervous to look at his face, but when I hear his footsteps approaching me my heart starts to beat fast and I start panicking, but when I look at him my heart stops.

No...

"We meet again hmm?"
"I-I think you're mistaken sir." I look down and hope that when I look up again I'll see someone else.
"Baekhyun, look at me."
I shake my head, "N-No..."

   He grabs my chin and moves my head up forcing me to look at him, "Don't worry Baekhyun."

I quickly move his hand and step back.

"Mr. Park why are you acting like we know each other, this is our first time meeting." I lie.
"Don't lie to me Baekhyun, you know who I am."

I stay quiet.

"It's me, Park Chanyeol."

   I start getting flashbacks, the sad memories the harsh words, and I even get reminded of the state he left me in; I looked, and was absolutely pathetic. He killed me slowly but I was still holding on, there was a glimpse of hope for me, but to him nothing we did together mattered anymore, none of it. He had no intention of apologizing and staying with me and he knew it from the start. I still remember the look in his eyes when he left, the last time I saw that person. Park Chanyeol.

    "Hello, Mr. Park. I've heard a lot about you but I wasn't expecting you to welcome me like this."
   "Damn it would you stop acting like this Byun  Baekhyun! I remember your face clearly, I still remember you it hasn't been that long. It's either you're lying or you're stupid."

I stay quiet.

"We're gonna have to work together, Baekhyun. Please don't act like a stranger with me."
"Fine. But why are YOU acting like this? You're the one who stomped all over my feelings now you're acting all fucking innocent?!"

  Chanyeol quietly looked at me with his arms crossed wearing a cold expression, he definitely isn't the caring soft Chanyeol I once knew, did he truely change himself, or did he just lock away the old Chanyeol? After a long pause, he speaks.

   "I know I'm not innocent and I don't intend on acting like I've done nothing wrong-"
"Good because we should just put our personal problems aside and pretend we just met here. In this building, Baekhyun and Chanyeol never knew each other until now."
"Look at you giving your boss orders." Chanyeol chuckled, "Understood understood."

I roll my eyes at him, I hold back the urge to throw him out the window, it's very tempting but I'd rather not face the consequences. Chanyeol's appearance hasn't changed much, it seems like he's been working out a bit though, the same Chanyeol I liked him years ago appearance wise, but doesn't seem to be the case with his personality. Chanyeol was once kind and shy, the guy would never hurt anyone- especially me, but the day we parted ways he was different; almost the same as the Chanyeol I was looking at now. Cold expression and emotionless eyes.

"I should put you to work now hmm secretary Baekhyun?"
"Sure Mr. Park, what do you need me to do?"

Chanyeol's face seemed to cringe at my response, I don't know whether it's because I called him 'Mr. Park' or if it's because of all people he has me, his ex, as his secretary and now he needs to get used to it.
   "But the vice president chose someone else for the marketing team but wanted to keep you around."
     Didn't Junmyeon say that Chanyeol, the vice president, was the one who wanted to "keep me around" and have me do this job? Why would Chanyeol choose his ex to be his secretary? He seems to have remembered my name and he wasn't surprised by my presence either. Did he think he could step all over my feelings again? It's not gonna work this time, Chanyeol. Nice try but I'm going to do amazing then stop being your stupid secretary.

    "Take these papers to Mr. Kim, and tell him I looked over the plans and made some changes on them. Tell him to call me when he's looked at it."
"Yes Mr. Park."

I take the papers from Chanyeol's- or should I say Mr. Park's hands and leave. I remember where Jongin told me the marketing department room was and go up the elevator, I find Mr. Kim talking to someone, I walk up to them and lightly tap on his shoulder.

"Excuse me Mr. Kim."
"Baekhyun! How's work going so far?"
"Good good...uh Mr. Park told me to give these to you and to tell you that he made some changes, and call him when you've looked over them."
"Okay thank you Baekhyun." Mr. Kim takes the papers from my hands and smiles at me.

I wish Chanyeol was as nice to me as Mr. Kim, but no I have to be stuck with him.