EP 12: DAISY'S CONFEESION

EPISODE 12

'daisy's confession'

"AGAIN," I EXHALED. "I'm so sorry but so incredibly grateful."

Cassandra's returning smile was exhausted yet pretty. I made sure more than Leon's shared body weight was more on my shoulders. For someone who may or may not be actually asleep, Leon fully trusted his entire weight on both of us as we stumbled out of the elevator.

I was not sure if passing out was part of the plan, but it was surely working on whatever Leon concocted.

It was an interesting scene to whoever would see our little trio. Two girls hauling a passed out man, their tight dresses sparkling and the man's head lolling on my shoulder.

"It's not a problem at all," she said, her voice both melodious and breathy. Her smile was watery, her gaze almost unfocused. Upon a closer look, it was undeniable that Cassandra was pretty. But her bones were prominent in a way that was a little worrying, despite such a good stature and how well balanced she is in her heels higher than mine and in a sparkly, skin tight dress to boot. Her cheekbones shined but it was the look in her eyes that made me think.

I didn't know how long I have time with her, but my mind raced with all the possibilities. The directions I could get answers out of her, to prolong our situation.

"It's not everyday you see an old face," she mused. "Especially one like Leon Song."

"How do you know him?"

"A friend of a friend." She tilted her head. Her expression changed. Though it was still obvious she still had substances running through her veins, the way she looked at me was serious. "What about you - sorry, I didn't catch your name."

Better to be safe than sorry. "Sabrina. Sabrina Wright."

She smiled. "I'm Cassandra Bernault. Tell me, Sabrina. What are you and dear Mr. Song here doing in Brighton? If I heard correctly, he was enjoying a peaceful time in the countryside. After the... scandals broke through, I thought he'd stay there forever."

"Well..." Lie. I need a hook. Leon's face lolled on my shoulder again, his breath brushing against my cheek. I had my answer: the best hook is honesty. Exaggerate. Empathise.

What can I connect with Cassandra Bernault? We both adore men that are exemplary in their own rights. To empathise the side of her that adore a man she thought of as a god.

"I convinced him to get out for the weekend. Unfortunately, I think the sudden drinking might've exhausted him out far too quickly into the night." We stopped at the door I was staying at. With Leon who made the arrangements, he had a separate room. But Cassandra didn't need to know that. I took on most of Leon's weight and offered her the keycard.

She eyed it with a notched eyebrow and the two of us with a twitching lip, but she moved on to the door and let us through. I shuffled Leon's weight as best as I could and laid him as gently on my covers without just dropping him and waking him.

Every movement was calculated.

Cassandra watched it all. The slow, almost loving movements of how I tucked Leon in, hinting a small smile here and there, a flutter of fingers over his forehead, his fingers, his hair. I made sure she saw it. That she understood this playacting.

"You love him," she said. I froze then slowly raise my face to her almost smug, satisfactory smile. "I wasn't sure at first. I didn't know if Mr. Song was the type to keep women around. After all he's such a curious man. Apart from his friends, he's not really around everybody."