Chapter Forty-Four: -Bow Down to Jordan

Start from the beginning

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them.

"Besides devouring your mom's brownies?" Jordan asked.

"Including my share," Declan growled.

"I wish it was vanilla though," Jordan muttered wistfully.

"No, strawberry."

"It wouldn't really be a brownie if they were either," Bennett told them.

"Oh shut up," Jordan retorted. "You're just happy it's your flavor."

Bennett shrugged. "I'm not complaining."

"You guys, focus."

"Sorry," they all said in unison.

"And not just for getting off topic," Declan added. "It's about everything else."

"Is that what you're all here for? To apologize? Well good, now that you're done, take away the rest of the brownies. Wait no, the rest of the brownies are for me. But you can take away the chairs and Snowball especially. My mom's going to freak me out if she carries that thing everywhere."

Jordan gasped. "Snowball is not-"

"-a living thing."

Jordan looked at his friends. "She said it, she actually said it."

"It's alright buddy, you had to learn it sooner or later," Bennett said, patting his back.

"Are you guys done?" I asked.

"Yes," they all said in unison.

"Thank you. Now why are you here?"

Bennett took a deep breath. "We need to talk."

There was a long silence between all of us.

"We're talking right now."

He blinked. "Yeah I know but-"

"Why would you say that when we're talking right now?"

"He was saying that for a dramatic effect," Jordan said. "Then we'd teleport to another scene, cutting into a conversation we're having."

Declan looked at him. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh c'mon," Jordan said, rolling his eyes. "Don't tell me you haven't noticed."

"Notice what?"

"Notice this."

-

"Wow, you're right," Declan said, impressed.

"See? What did I tell you?" Jordan said, raising his arms in exasperation.

"Stop getting off topic," Bennett told them in annoyance, having them mumble out a sorry.

All four of us were sitting at the Mad Hatter at our usual booth. Cameron had just served us our orders. But they were still left untouched because of the tense atmosphere we were in. Well, all of them were untouched except for Jordan's. I would be eating mine if I didn't feel so sick right now.

He looked back at me. "Naomi, say something."

I shook my head. "I-I don't know what to say." I looked at them. "What can I say after you just told me the reason why you dated them, the girls?"

Jordan shrugged. "Thanks. You guys are awesome. Lunch is on me. And I'll do all of your home-"

"Ow!" Declan said. "Why'd you kick me for?" He demanded, glaring at me.

"It wasn't me," I protested.

All eyes turned to Bennett. "Don't look at me," he grumbled.

"It was me," Jordan said.