vi.

august 05, 2017 • seoul, south korea

kim yerim dazed off as someone quietly sat beside the bench she was sitting in. the sun was setting down in front of her, and she was in the best view of it.

"yerim," she recognized the voice and smiled. she turned towards him and placed a kiss on his lips. jeon jungkook smiled, happily finding some peace after the accident in the river.

he fell down there, when someone accidentally pushed him at the edge and suddenly, he cannot control himself and fell down. it was almost he needed to drown and experience the darkness in the depths of the water, then come back to the surface.

but he heard some ambulance... the blood. yerim's blood.

he looked at yerim, holding her close to him. he was utterly confused of what's happening. ever since he met her, something is strange. happiness, sorrow, sadness, death, all forged every time he's with her.

"kook? are you okay?" yerim asked, holding his hand. he was currently spacing out, and yerim felt the emotions of his eyes.

"i don't want to lose you again," he murmured. she nuzzled her head in his shoulder, as she puts her arms around him, hugging him close.

"why did you say that? i won't, i-"

"don't promise me, please..." he pleads, his tears falling from his eyes.

being idols isn't easy, and dating is making it harder for the both of them. the world already know about them since he fell, and yet, it almost felt all emotional whenever they talk like this. and all those glimpses he sometimes saw in his mind is making it difficult. he always forget the world or who he was whenever he was with yerim, and sometimes he turns into a completely different person.

he was scared.

"i-i had a dream last night, it was y-you. i was... your stepsister. but... i died and you fell into the river..." yerim whispered, her voice was cracking.

he froze. she continued to speak, still hugging him. he felt his hoodie damping with tears. she was sobbing so hard.

"and... everything faded... i always dream about you, it's always been you as a father to me. my papa, my big brother. it is always you."

silence fell upon them. only the waves of the ocean and the birds at the sky the only sounds they've heard. jungkook remembered the glimpses, he always see death.

"and i always lose you too," he whispered, closing his eyes.

"i-i know, i know... but promise me..." she pulled away, cupping his face delicately as she stared in his eyes.

"if i would die again, or you would die again, please don't forget we met today and i loved you today and many, many other yesterdays..." she said, as jungkook held her face and kissed her. a short sweet kiss before he promised her.

"i promise."

and the sun finally sets into the horizon.