i.

march 05, 1576

jeon jungkook stared at his own daughter happily, ruffling her hair as she hugged her doll that he has gifted in her birthday. yerim, her name, looked at his father's face and gave out a smile that any father would emotionally tear up. her smile looks like her deceased mother.

he wiped out the tears from his eyes as he hugged her. it was a peaceful day, much to his dismay. there was a raging war in korea that time, and he found a shelter to keep his child safe. he was a noble, and a ruler after all. but he was still scared, scared that the happy smile of this child that was given to him long ago by his lover who died by giving birth. even though she was not his seed, the joy of having her as his own child means everything.

suddenly, a man opened his door, panting and unable to talk directly to his master. yerim hugged his father tightly, afraid of the man who just came in and disturbed their peaceful moment. she was just 6 years old, young and wanting to see the beautiful colors of the world.

the man was covered in blood, he has burns on his face, and his clothes were shred, revealing his naked body. to summarize everything, he looks like he was punished to the point he was conscious enough to tell his master of what's happening.

"m-master," he trailed off, he drew his breath and tried to stand up straight in front of the man he honestly care about.

"there are i-intruders... we lost half of our men... they ambushed us... also, they are going here... i'm sorry i failed you," the man has tears in his eyes, looking at jungkook with guilt and sorrow.

jungkook quickly stood up. with his daughter in his arms, he quickly walked towards the man and gave him a pat on his shoulder.

"thank you. thank you for everything, namjoon." he smiled, and namjoon nodded, a slight smile in his lips when he knew the time he was in this world was over.

"n-no problem, jeongguk. please keep her safe. keep yerim safe..." jungkook heard namjoon's last words before he closed his eyes as his knees surrendered and he laid on the floor. jungkook looked at his right-hand man, remembering how loyal he was to him, and how he took care of yerim when he was away. he put his daughter on the floor kneeled in front of him and he felt the tears flowing from his eyes.

"i promise... namjoon."

——

jungkook ran in the hallways of his castle. his servants are all dead, some of them being stabbed by swords and most of them are full of blood. he grimaced, he was angry at whoever who did this.

and suddenly, he stopped when an arrow hit his shoulder. he looked at the back when suddenly, another stabbed right in his chest, making yerim fall in the floor. he slowly looked at the child's eyes as he saw her fear. he smiled, remembering how lovely her smile was, flashing in his mind, for the last time, before he stumbled unto the floor.

too late...

"papa!"

and suddenly, his reality changed.