➳46

In the end they'd find their way back to each other

"Drive faster." Mark demanded, clenching his fists, the unfiltered anger inches away from spilling out.
"I can't-"
"Drive fucking faster or I'll blow your damn brains out i swear." Mark threatened lowly, the Uber driver nodding frantically, sweat forming on his temples.

Mark couldn't think straight, his nerves were twisted and the thumping of his chest was replaced with dread.
What if he was too late?
He would never forgive himself, this was all his fault. He put you in danger.
"We're right behind you." Taeyong voiced into the ear piece, and Mark didn't make an effort to reply.
He needed you.

He couldn't lose the only good thing in his life.

Yuta hurried to unlock the door of the Café, Mark pushing past him and sprinting up the stairs, his pulse raging and his vision turning pure red, the other guys hot on his tail.
The door was near, you were close to him yet you felt so far.

He passed every exit, his focus solely on the roof, the metallic taste flooded his mouth, realising he had been biting his cheeks, yet he couldn't focus on that, he was finally here.
He pushed his shoulder against the heavy door, his weight swinging it open and his eyes scanned the current situation.

His eyes honed in on Jihoon, his anger spiking.
"You bastard." He gritted his teeth, running to the boy and striking him at his jaw. Jihoon fell to the ground and made an attempt to get back up, however he was pushed back by a furious looking Mark.
Mark straddled him, sending punch after punch.

"How" Punch.
"Fucking" Punch.
"Dare" Punch.
"You" Punch.
He continued to pummel him to his last breaths, not even realising the others had entered and disarmed Miran and Kai.
"Mark!" Jaehyun yelled, his tone laced with disbelief.
Mark looked up at Jaehyun who was staring at whatever was behind the pillar.

It was you.

Mark stopped beating Jihoon up and clambered up to his feet and towards you.
Jaehyun moved out of the way, scarred by the state you were in, feeling nauseous.

On the other hand, Mark had reached you and once he looked at you, his world stopped.
You were standing, but not on your own accord, a rope held you up.
Your head hung low, blood dripping off you into a puddle beneath you.
"A-areum, shit."

Mark's brain went into overdrive, his hands shaking as he untied you.
Unconscious, you fell as soon as the rope was untied, Mark catching you as you did.
"Fuck, Areum? Hey it's me." Mark layed you on the floor gently, trying to get you to wake up.
"It's Mark, I'm here, I've got you now Fiore. Just wake up for me okay?" He pushed your hair back, scanning you.
However you made no movement. Not even your chest rose.

"Hey, hey babe, it's okay you're safe."

But he stopped.

"You- you aren't breathing." He panted, immediately performing CPR.
Whilst doing so, he prayed. He prayed for you to return to him.
"Please wake up, I'm so sorry."
He blew air into your mouth, his salty tears dripping off his face and onto your blood stained one.

"I love you." He cried out, compressing your chest again, hopeful for you to fill your lungs with air.

That's the end of the story guys, thank you so much for the support I can't tell you how much it means to me, ily 💞

I'm joking

You really thought I was ending the book

Suckers

Jk ily