➳13

One step forward and 5 steps back

You slowly closes the door behind you with the click of the lock sounding through the hallway

"Hey hun you're home early, I thought you were going to celebrate your last day?" Your Aunt Hyeri came down the stairs, drying her wet hair against a towel.
You shrugged, pulling your shoes off and walking towards the kitchen, her following after you.
"Long story, tell you another day I'm actually so tired." You yawned, grabbing a glass of water.

"Who's the boyfriend?" She smirked, leaning against the counter. The mere word of boyfriend made you spit out your water.

"Gross." Hyeri said looking at you in disgust. You rolled your eyes and wiped your mouth.
"I don't have a boyfriend."
"You literally have a men's jacket in your hand Areum."

You looked down at the jacket in your hand and your mind flashed back to Mark.
"My f- this guy left it after we met up." You explained, walking in the direction of the stairs.
"Sure." Hyeri piped in sarcastically.
"She thinks I'm really 30 years older than her." Hyeri muttered, getting dinner cooked up.

"AREUM COME DOWNSTAIRS!" the shouts of your Aunt sent you groaning in agitation

"AREUM COME DOWNSTAIRS!" the shouts of your Aunt sent you groaning in agitation. You turned your speakers down and headed downstairs.
"What is it Aunt- oh Hello." You bowed to the guy who sat around your dinner table.

He outstretched a hand for you to shake.
"It's nice to finally meet you, I'm Taeil."
"Hi, I'm Areum, you're from next door right?"
Taeil smiled back in affirmation.
"I've heard a lot of things about you."
"Yeah my aunt never stops talking." You laughed but Taeil's smile didn't grow.
"Ah yes your Aunt..."

You looked at him weirdly yet brushed it off and helped yourself to some food.
"So Areum tell me a bit about yourself." Taeil beamed towards you, waiting eagerly to know more about this Areum he has heard about from the group.

"Um...I just finished high school which is a relief." You chuckled and Taeil joined in.
"She's going to Neo College." Hyeri bragged, sipping on her almost finished wine.
"Really?" Taeil glanced at you with an impressed expression.
"Congratulations."

"Thank you." You smiled and bowed slightly out of respect.
Taeil looked at his watch and sighed with disappointments.
"Well ladies I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave now, but I really enjoyed the company." Taeil stated, smiling at both of them.
"I hope I didn't intrude."

"Oh no don't he silly!" Hyeri lightly slapped his arm. "You can come visit anytime!"
You waited in the kitchen, picking the plates off and carrying them over to the dishwasher.
All the while, you could hear Hyeri and Taeil still talking and laughing.
You smiled knowing they'd eventually start catching feeling.

Ah young love.

Not that you've ever experienced it.

Wow three updates in one dayWhat has happened to meAnywayA bit of a filler chap :)

What has happened to me
Anyway
A bit of a filler chap :)