Chapter 2: New Faces and Old Foes

It was no surprise Gaius had lectured the life out of Knack for his stunt at UA's Entrance Exam. Behemoth Gear had always took a lot out of the young golem. Extreme exhaustion, sensory and size overload followed by a temporary shutdown of his Chest Orb. To use it without being required often drilled into his stone head since his beastly father figure went through 15 different ways to take down the Zero Pointer without the gear. If he was honest, most of the reason he used Behemoth Gear was to get the examinees out of harm's way since the Zero Pointer was still too close and dangerous even ignored. Yet there was a small bit of reason that was... animalistic in nature. He felt like something or someone important was watching and he had to prove his strength. He had brought it up with his father and the answer he got was... embarrassing.

The type of Golem Knack was being more animal than human like since the researcher based him off of the only type that could handle his Chest Orb and powerful soul, Cryptid. A being or creature surrounded by mystery and very powerful from what Gauis told him. Cryptid Golems could cause unexplainable anomalies and each is unique to their own individual core. They were also the type who embraced their animal side as well.

His instinct had given the choice to go Behemoth Gear to attract an equal. His 'equal'. Yeah, he didn't know if could even have a girlfriend let alone a mate considering nobody knew he wasn't human anymore or the fact he was a child proclaimed dead for almost 8 years. Gaius did offer him support and hope. After all Knack had become part of the impossible and the researcher had faith his stone child would find love but also get a chance of having a body close to human as possible.

The Researcher had been working on a pseudo-body for the stone child after losing his human form. The body will work just like an average humans but Knack could switch between the temporary body and his Golem body at a single thought. It'll take a lot of time for it to be completed.

Though he was still wondering who had helped tuned his chest orb after Behemoth Gear shorted it out. He had woken up in the nurse's office with the Pro Hero Recovery Girl looking relieved. Apparently she tried healing him but her Quirk didn't work since she didn't know he wasn't human but practically living stone. They were going to call in Power Loader to see if he could help him but someone else came instead. This person was able to tune his Chest Orb properly since Behemoth Gear had messed with circuits leaving him unconscious for hours. Recovery Girl recognized the person as an examinee but wouldn't tell him who.

They wanted it to be a surprise but she gave him a hint saying he was the reason they got a shot into UA. The young golem knew what kind of person Recovery Girl was and found no sabotage in his orb so decided not to continue asking. After a week of tuning his Chest Orb and working on his inventions, Knack had finally gotten his letter from UA. The letter has been from Present Mic saying he had scored 66 villains points and 60 Hero Points in the exam but what concerned Knack was the Pro Hero's message.

'You saving those examinees had put a chunk of fear into the teachers when you transformed. A lot of them were opting to deny you entry but I couldn't stand there and watch someone who had the guts to face discrimination and save people be punished. Some of my fellow friends in UA's staff and the principal accepted your submission. This is YOUR Hero Academia, little listener. If you have any problems then come talk to me.' Despite some of the teachers being afraid of him Knack was glad he had more people in his corner like Present Mic. Knack would get him something nice as thanks. He did keep his promise to Mei and he knew she kept hers. He could feel it.

The day of his beginning school year at UA had finally come. And he was a bit nervous. Knack walked down the hallways of the school looking for his homeroom 1-A. He had his capture relics set to the school's uniform and was carrying his messenger bag. He didn't really care for bookbags since his messenger bag offered more room and didn't break easily like many school bags that suffered from heavy textbook abuse. "Oh! There it is!" He spoke seeing the 1-A sign next to a ridiculously large door.