🇩​🇦​🇷​🇱​🇮​🇳​🇬​²⁵

Start from the beginning

Seungwoon and Hakyon.

They shared the same dream and ambition. To rock the world of hip-hop with their raps. They were very enthusiast to show their talent and their insight as a rapper. They want to show through the music that they can change the world. They want to talk to the society through their music and indigenous lyrics.

Namjoon, Seungwoon, and Hakyon vow their friendship – to stay as friends forever, fighting for their dream and aspiration. Namjoon will sneak out from his house during midnight, riding his bicycle through the darkness to meet with his two best friends at the junction of the road – going to the underground club for a rap battle.

It doesn’t matter who win or lose in the battle. For the three, they just want to be able to appease their needs to lash out their emotions about their life – happiness, sadness, anger, frustration, etc. They rejoiced to be in the club, experimenting with strangers that had the same passion with them. They make lots of acquaintances and their music evolved in a better way.

“Do you think we’re going to be a successful rapper, Namjoonie?”

Namjoon turned his head towards Seungwoon, looking at him with his brightest smile ever. “Of course Woonie-ah. We will make sure the world listen to our voice!” he answered with passion.

Hakyon nods his head in agreement with Namjoon's words. He pats on Seungwoon’s shoulder. “I’m positive that we will be popular one day!” he added.

Seungwoon smiles at his two bestfriends. “I really love hip hop. I want to be a well-known rapper and gain reputation worldwide…”

“Then, you need to be an idol Woonie!” said Hakyon with a wide grin.

Seungwoon scoffed at Hakyon. “Yah, I’m not going to do that thing, Hakyon! I’m not fit to be an idol. Doing those cute act and dancing until you pees on your pants! That’s not my cup of tea!” refute Seungwoon, making a funny face to show his discontentment about the idea of being an idol.

A hip-hopper is not an idol. It doesn't go with the image  - tough, rude and rough. Hip hop works on the underground scene, dissing each other while battling but with no hatred whatsoever. It's the art of real hip hop.

Meanwhile being a rapper in an idol group is considered as mainstream. The function of the rapper is limited to suit with the image as an idol. The raps should be clean and positive. The creativity will be impeded to suit the industry.

Namjoon and Hakyon laughed out loud at the answer. Agreed with Seungwoon, Namjoon couldn’t decipher his life if he is an idol. Not to depreciate himself, but he didn’t have the package to be one. The looks, dancing skill, and the firm muscles.

He might be doing a great job with his rapping ability but he’s suck in dancing. As if, he has two left feet. He’ll look like a jellyfish swimming under the sea if he ever tries to dance.

Please, don’t make him to!

“Do you dreams of being an idol Hakyon-ah?” asked Seungwoon with an accusatory tone as his eyes fixated on his friend.

Hakyon almost choked his bread, fisting his chest to make sure it won’t be stuck on his throat and hastily sipped his coke. His eyes were glazed with tears. “What the?! Of course not Woonie! You know that we had vowed to stick together as hip-hopper till the end of the world! No one can break the promise. If not you shall be punished!”

Seungwoon bawled his eyes at the mentioned of their vows. It’s ridiculous actually but at the same time, it feels significant. They were young and energetic. Of course, they were excited to have an extraordinary pledge to unify their friendship.