Chapter 19: Open Hearts

Start from the beginning

He picks up these boxers and gives it a questioning look. I shrug as he starts to put them on. "Once you get ready, we need to call Jacob. He left his number on the letter he wrote to your mom." I informed as he puts on the pants then takes the shirt out of my hand. "Cool...okay." he said after he puts the shirt on and I give him a fond smile. "Feel better?" I asked him. "Well...the shower didn't clean the pain away but...still felt good." He replied and I frown a bit at this.

"I'm so sorry, Sean." I said. "It's okay... not your fault." He said and I lean up and kiss his cheek. I pull back and we smiled at each other before I spoke up. "Um...we should go and call Jake." I said. Sean nods and we leave the bathroom, I head over to the bed and pick up the letter and show it to Sean. "Okay..." Sean sighs then he goes over to the phone on the little table and picks it up.

He dials it and sits down on the bed, I go sit next and he holds the phone out so that both of us can hear it. It rings a couple of times until we hear someone pick up. "Hello?" A familiar voice said. "Jacob? It's me, Sean." Sean replied. "Sean? No way! I've been waiting to hear from you for months! Is (y/n) there with you?" Jacob asked. "Yes, I'm here." I replied. "Oh thank God. So you-you found my note in your sketchbook, Sean?" Jake asked. "Yeah." Sean replied. 

"Where are you guys? Both of you have to come here, Sean." Jake said, desperately. "We know. We're not far. In a... motel." I replied. "Good. Listen, I-- I can't talk right now. I gotta go." Jake said, quickly. "Wait! Daniel. How's he doing?" Sean asked. "Meet me tomorrow afternoon on Brandy Highway, there's a-- a junction just above Haven Point. There's a -- a Wild Mice Ranch billboard there. I'll be there at 4." Jake replied.

"Jacob, wait!" Sean and I said in unison. "I can't talk, guys. Be there tomorrow. Please." Jake said then he hangs up. Sean gets up from the bed and places the phone back on its base. "Well...what do we do now?" I asked him. "I don't know. I guess wait around." Sean said as he sits down next to me. "We could just go ahead and rest until your mom comes back." I said as I get up and go on the other side of the bed and lay down while Sean scoffs and lays down next to me. "Yeah, if she comes back." He grumbles.

"I have a feeling that she will, I mean she left alot of important stuff here." I said. "Hasn't stopped her before." He mutters. "Point taken." I replied as we laid on our sides, facing each other. I raise my hand and placed it on his cheek then began run my finger along his jawline. His eye closes for a few moments, like he was enjoying the feeling, before he opens it again and stares into my eyes.

The moment he stares at me, my heart started to beat faster and I couldn't help but smirk at this for a moment before I start to frown when a thought pops in my head. "What's wrong?" Sean asked me. "I just had a thought..." I replied. "About?" He asked. "Well...it's a thought that has popped up in my mind from time to time and I guess I've just been too scared to say anything." I said. "What is it?" Sean asked and I could hear worry and concern in his voice.

I look into his eye and stare at him for a moment before speaking. "Sean...do you think...if your father hadn't got shot by that officer and Daniel unleashing his power, accidentally killing that officer, and then you guys running away....do you think we would've met?" I asked. "Why are you asking this?" He asked me, confused. "I don't know, sometimes I think about what could happen or what could've happen if things went differently." I said. "It's stupid..."

"It's not stupid. Sometimes I think about what would happen if thing went differently too." He said and I look up at him and smile. "So, do you think we would've met...if all that shit didn't happen to you and Daniel?" I asked him. "Honestly...I don't know. But given your track record of leaving foster homes....I'm sure we would've met at some point." Sean said and I chuckle. "True..." I said.