🐺

I was sitting next to Wendell, just staring at him, watching the golden statue of him. Hoping some day we can get him out of the golden prison.

Some guys came over looking at him, one guy started touching him muzzle, I let out a low growl and stared at his hand, hoping to burn holes into them. "Is he real gold?" The guy looked to Tony, "What? No, no." He tries denying, "No, no, no, no, oh please don't." He said to the guy that was touching Wendell, "No, no it's just gold paint. I bought a couple, a pair, to put the end of my driveway." I looked at him weirdly.

I turn my head around when I heard a door to one of the trailers open. "Set up a table." She commands.

They started setting up her table, as requested, and pulled out fortune cards, Tony was the first to sit at the table. "I see great wealth coming to you." "Yeah, that's what I like to hear." "And passing, straight through." Tony looks down at his stomach, "That was the, bean I had." He looked at Wolf and I, we both look away muttering under our breath.

"And what about the future?" "I find the Fool." "Uh-huh, and that card? What's that card?" He asked looking and pointing at the card.

"The Fool's friend, the Oaf. He's joined by the Buffoon and the Village Idiot." I laugh at the last one. He gets up and goes to sit where he was before.

She looks up to Virginia, "I will read the girl." "No thanks." Virginia denies the request. The lady looks at her. Virginia's smile was wiped away clean. She gets up and slowly makes her way to the table. Once she sits down the lady started, "You are full of anger. You conceal much about yourself." She then picks up a pair of scissors, "I need a lock of your hair." She beckons Virginia closer, then she takes the scissors up to her hair can cuts a lock of it off.

She then puts it into a bowl, "You have a great destiny which stretches way back in time." she tells her, "I'm just a waitress so I don't think there's any prizes so far." "You have never forgiven your mother for leaving you." She says, "As I said, I'm not really interested in having my fortune read." She then gets up and walks away. Wolf grabs my hand and brings me over to the table with him.

"Love and romance, please." Wolf begs her. "Marriage, children, how long is it going to take for the creamy girl of my dreams to say yes, that sort of thing." "Yeah, me too." I say. She takes our hands and looks into them, she looks up at us and says the thing that I don't want anymore, "I see death. Young girl dead. Torn to pieces." Wolf thought see was playing, but I knew she wasn't.

Wolf takes a while but then denies it. "No!" She looks him right into his eyes. "No." He said a little quieter. "See, I was thinking more along the lines of three girls and two boys?"She continues, "I see a fire being built." I whimper and closey eyes remembering what happened to our parents.

She looks at us seriously, "You are going to be burned on it." I open my eyes. "No!" I growled. "You two are not what you seem. You are a wolf." Suddenly all the poachers grabbed their weapons, me and Wolf look around nervously. "And so is your grandson." We say together, we look behind us to see her grandson, we turn back to look to see her smiling at us.

"You must stay with us tonight. Friends must stay together in the dangerous forest." She tells us I nod in agreement.

Everyone went to bed, Wolf and I are still awake though but we're not the only one's who aren't asleep, we saw the gypsy lady's grandson, we both looked at each other then start to make our way over to him.