Echo rose her eyebrows up. "And those are the kinds of stories you have to look out for. Since vampires, witches, and werewolves are real... who says he's not?"

"The point is, if he wants something, he gets it," Rose stated, giving them a wide-eyed look. "If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."

"Alright, we're shaking," Damon said, seeing the worried look on Echo's face. "You've made your point."

"TELL everyone we weren't feeling well and we went home from school," Elena told Caroline as Echo carried a large bag of things through the woods.

The blonde walked beside them as she said, "I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar." 

"And keep Stefan busy, please," Elena said. "I don't want him knowing what we're up to." 

"I'm even worse at duplicity," Caroline stayed, whining a little. "And you two know this." 

"You managed to keep us occupied when Katherine paid Stefan a visit," Echo said, looking over at Caroline as they neared the tomb. 

"Yeah, cause she threatened me," Caroline stated, sighing. "Not that I'm saying that you should use that as a tactic. Stefan's gonna see right through me." 

"Care," Echo said, turning to look at the blonde, "I love you, and I need you to do this for us."

"Okay," Caroline said with a sigh. "I promise." 

Echo smiled at her best friend. "Thank you." She turned and continued to walk towards the burnt down church.

Caroline followed after them, asking, "Why don't you want Stefan to know?" 

"Because he would never be okay with us doing this," Elena answered as Echo headed down the stairs. 

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Caroline asked again as they stood in front of the sealed-off door.

Echo nodded and said, "Yes, Care. She's the only one who can tell us how to stop him."

Caroline sighed. "But you're asking for the truth from someone who's probably never given it. Are you sure about this?" 

"If she doesn't answer us truthfully, i'll torture it out of her. I'm good at that sort of thing," Echo answered, shrugging slightly, grinning.

Caroline laughed and walked over to the door as Echo set the bag down. The blonde moved the large rock that blocked the door, and set it to the side.

Smirking, Echo shouted, "Katherine," in the dark cave. She grinned at her sister and Care as they hers a groan from somewhere inside. "We have a few questions for you!"

"We'll be okay from here," Elena told their friend. Caroline nodded, but didn't leave.

Shuffling was heard and a figure stood in their view. A very dead, sickly pale, looking figure. "Hello Elena, Echo. You two come to watch me wither away? Goodbye, Caroline," Katherine said, giving the blonde a pointed look.

"As long as we stay on this side of the door, she can't hurt us. Please," Elena said to the blonde. Caroline looked at the girls once more before she left.

"Wow, you look like shit." Echo smirked at Katherine who scowled at her.

"Stefan know you two are here?" Katherine asked. "Or Damon for that matter?"

Echo rolled her big brown eyes. "We're our own women, we don't need their approval."

"I brought you some things," Elena said, ignoring the question, pulling out a blanket and a new set of clothes.