Chapter 4; A mission to Wave

(A/N: This chapter contains Physical torment against minors, brief mentions of/implied pedophilia, some crude language. You have been warned.)

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

We're getting there,

Slowly, but surely.

And it's okay,

We can take our time.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Sakura blinks. "Do you mind repeating that, sensei?"

Undeterred by her surprise, Kakashi merely grins behind his mask. "I want you to attack me at full force, Sakura-chan."

"Why?"

Kakashi snaps his book closed and crossed his arms over his chest, appearing exasperated. "Why do you always question my orders, Sakura-chan? I'm your superior."

"Let's not forget our discussion the other day, sensei," Sakura replies, eyes gazing up at him blankly. "What is your logic?" Flanking her are Sasuke and Naruto, yet neither seems particularly worried or annoyed. There's almost an air of indifference around them.

"Sparring benefits the group as a whole. I can better assess your skills via one-on-one and determine that best method to help strengthen your weaknesses." He doesn't know how he feels when she cocks an unimpressed eyebrow at him.

What is her issue with me? I'm trying.

Sasuke hums. "You'll test us individually."

Thankful for the momentary distraction, Kakashi turns towards him. "Yes. That's what we'll do this afternoon and then I'll assign you a D-Rank mission that you'll have a limited time to complete. Sound good?"

Naruto yawns. "Okay, sensei." He turns to Sakura and gives her a thumbs up. "Kick his ass, Sakura-chan." Kakashi actually chuckles when Sakura returns his gesture and grins when Sasuke bumps her shoulder; his in a strange way of encouragement. His students can be endearing when they want to be.

"Alright, Sakura-chan. Go stand over there," he points to the side, "and you two can stay by that tree. Sasuke, I want you to count the number of hits I land on Sakura - if any - and Naruto you will do the same for Sakura in regards to myself. Am I understood?" At their silent nobs, Kakashi turns to Sakura. "Full force, okay?"

"Yes, sensei."

"Alright. Sasuke, tell us to go when you're ready for us to start."

"3, 2, 1 - Go!"

Sakura and Kakashi move at once. The first thing he takes into account is her speed. Academy reports placed her second next to Sasuke and Hyuga Neji, an Inuzuka taking first place. But it's been four years since she graduated and her speed has definitely increased over the years. During his observations, he has seen her jog around her family's compound in the early morning. He blocks a particularly vicious attack on his right.

She excelled in weapons. Beating Uchiha Itachi's Academy record for speed and accuracy was often talked about during her Academy days and is still mentioned from time-to-time among his peers. He wants to see her hit moving targets at double the speed she is moving now. Kakashi thinks it's possible the more she practices.

Her weapons are standard, but she may benefit from a tanto. Close range suits her well.

He lands a kick to her stomach.