{10}

Peter's POV

We had come up with the best plan ever. According to Friday, Tony was awake and cooking breakfast. The four of us sneaked into the kitchen, giving the 'shush' sign to anyone who saw us. When we were close enough, and Tony was facing the stove, his back towards us, me and Claire-Anne leapt to the ceiling silently. She went left, and I went right. We snuck up behind Tony and each went on one of his sides. I held up my fingers, 3...2...1... Our faces swung down to the sides of Tony's head and we both yelled LOVE as loud as we could. Tony flew backwards, hitting the island and falling to the ground, pure terror written on his face. Clint, Nat, Claire, and I started laughing our heads off, and Tony grasped at where his heart was and began muttering a colorful strand of swear words. On instinct, I covered Claire-Anne's ears, Natasha covered mine, and Clint covered his own until Tony finished. When he was done, I flipped off the ceiling and knelt next to him.

"You alright old man?" I asked jokingly. In return, Tony just stared at the floor with a blank expression.

Eventually he turned towards me, deadly serious expression, "Enjoy today, Peter. It's your last."

I laughed nervously, he rarely called me by Peter, it was usually kid, Underoos, or Pete. "You're kidding right?"

He didn't say anything, just looking intently at me, and I swear he could see the depths of my soul. "I'm just gonna leave now..." I stood up and started backing away. Tony still stared at me, he was legitimately freaking me out. I stumbled into Nat and jumped a foot in the air. I turned toward her, "Oh my gosh Nat I'm so sorry I didn't-" and then a hand grabbed me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw my dad tightly gripping my arm. "D-dad? What are you doing?"

Finally, he smiled, and I was so relieved. But then he put me in a headlock, not a tight one, and starting messing up my hair. "No No NO! Stahhhpppp!" I eventually pushed away, and folded my arms, pouting. "That's not fair."

"Kid that's more than fair. I haven't even gotten my full payback, so watch your back. But I think the bigger issue here," Tony turned towards Claire, "is how she can do that. Hop on down from there, kid."

Claire-Anne complied and we all walked over to the dining table and sat. "Tell us your story. When could you first start doing...that."

"It was right after Bucky was taken away." She began, "The week after was pure Hades. First they drained me of most my blood. And then they pumped me full of new blood. I took a lot of medication in an attempt to make my body accept it. Whatever was in that blood, it was strange. the next few days were full of pain. Headaches, nausea-"

"And sensory overloads?" I finished.

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"It's what happened to me when I was bit..." I mumbled softly, lost in thought. Tony looked at me concerned, "Continue, Claire..."

"Anyways, after that, they put me in an arena or training facility of sorts. I would catch parts of sentences, how they were testing previously collected data or something. And how boss wanted results."

"Do...do you know, who the boss was."

"No definite answer. But I think the name," she paused, thinking, "I think Thaddeus was always mentioned when they talked about the boss."

I looked up at Tony to see his face turn to stone. Nat's mouth gaped slightly, "You don't seriously think-"

"That Ross would team up with Hydra to do something this cruel? Yes, I do. That slimy, lying, no good, son of a-"

A distant 'Language' cut him off. "It would make sense," I thought aloud, "Ross always sees us as, well as mutants," I laughed bitterly, "can't believe he's want to make another one. Though I guess he thought the new one would be under his foul control."

Tony stood, and the Iron Man suit formed around him. "I'll be back. Don't follow me." With that, he shot off into the sky, shattering a whole in the living room window.

Nat stood angrily and shoved her chair back into it's spot. "I'm going to go punch things."

"I'll join you." I said, following her out. We passed a surprised Pepper, who had only witnessed her husband's grand exit.

"What the heck is going on?" She asked.

"We believe we know who captured and tortured Tony and Peter three years ago." Clint explained.

"Oh," she sighed, "well I hope Tony gives 'em hell."

Clint chuckled, "Being who it is, that won't be a problem." Clint left the room, going to his own, and Pepper was left standing there along with Claire, sitting at the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobody's POV

"Friday," Tony said, flying over New York, "locate Secretary Ross. Me and him need to have a nice long talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:
Bum bum bum! We know who did it! Yay, and don't expect there to be much of Ross left, soon... Thanks for reading!
Lots of love,
Siri