{4}

Tony woke up the next morning and found he was on the couch. Peter was leaning against him and Tony had his arm around the kid. Using his free hand, he rubbed his eyes before looking around. Rhodey, T'challa and Natasha were in the kitchen. Judging by the time on the clock, Pepper had taken Morgan to preschool and then went to work. Clint and Sam weren't there which meant they were still sleeping. Nothing new. And Rogers- "Tony."

He jumped, and whipped his head to his left. There was Steve, "Oh. Hey." He responded.

"Tony, the team needs to talk," he glanced over to the dining table, where Bucky sat hunched over a cup of coffee. "You'll have to wake Peter."

"I'm already awake," Peter mumbled, "I have been for two hours. You people are not quiet." He sat up and looked at Steve. "What's wrong with Bucky."

Steve took a deep breath, "I'm not sure. He hasn't told me, but he's been like this since that girl attacked."

Tony furrowed his brow, "Do you think he recognizes her? From his time in Hydra?"

"It's possible," Steve sighed.

Peter stood, "Ok then," he said, " Let's go talk to him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually everyone was seated at the table, even Clint, Shuri, and Sam, still in their pajamas and grumbling about being woken up. Steve sat to Bucky's right and Peter on his left. Bucky looked up and glanced at everyone before quickly returning his gaze to his coffee. "Bucky," Steve began, "what's wrong, what's bothering you? You haven't been the same since the attack."

"I recognized her. Steve, I knew her." He explained, so quietly you could only hear him if you were close. Meaning Sam and Clint looked at each other confused. "During my last year at Hydra, they brought her in. She was only 12... 12 Steve. I was made to train her. A-and if she wasn't good enough, o-or failed and did something wrong, I had to punish her. And I did. I hurt her, b-but in my mind it was ok. In my sick, Hydra controlled mind it was ok. And in honesty it may have been... Whenever I refused, they would torture us both, causing more pain than I did when I punished her." By the time Bucky finished, he was crying, head in his hands. Steve wrapped an arm around his friend's shoulder.

"It's ok, Buck. We'll find her, we'll rescue her. And when we do we can send her to Wakanda." Steve glanced at Shuri and T'challa and received an encouraging nod, "Shuri can heal her like she healed you."

Bucky nodded numbly. He abruptly stood up not looking at anyone, "I-I'm going for a walk if you need me." Steve stood to follow him, but Bucky shook his head, and Steve sat back down. Bucky headed down the hall and to the elevator.

Shuri stood next, "Tony, may I use your lab?" She asked.

"Sure." He responded with ease, surprising most of the others. Tony never let anyone touch his lab, except Peter, Pepper, and Rhodey. She walked off, most of the others just sat there for a long time after, quiet.

Finally Tony spoke again. "Pete, you need to go and get your stitches checked out, remember."

Peter sighed. "Yeah, I'll go..." He grumbled as he stood and went to the med bay. No one was there yet, so he sat on the bed and waited.

Fifteen minutes later someone walked in, but it wasn't who he was expecting. "Shuri? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take out you're stitches, duh. Every other doctor Tony trusts was busy and I'm smarter than them anyway." She walked over to a cabinet and brought out various scissors and tweezers. Shuri turned around, "Take off your shirt." Peter just stared at her. "Hurry up, take it off. We don't have all day."

"Uh.. ok." Peter awkwardly took it off while Shuri stood watching, unimpressed. "About time..." She muttered and walked over to him. She pushed him down so he was laying on the bed, and looked over his stitches, gently pushing on a few. "Looks like we can take out the stitches today, your enhanced healing works miracles. Do you need any pain meds before we begin?"

"N-no, I should be fine." Peter assured.

"Uh-huh." Was all Shuri responded with. She grabbed her scissors and tweezers and began working. Peter flinched every so often, usually earning a smirk from the princess of Wakanda. When she got to the last set of stitches, by his heart, those hurt. He gasped in pain as she pulled them out. "Sorry." She muttered and she put the tools away.

Peter sat up and put on his shirt, "Mother trucker, dude. That hurt like a butt cheek on a stick."

Shuri gasped and looked at him, "Watch your profanity." They stared at each other for five seconds before bursting out laughing. Peter and Shuri highfived each other. "Nice, Parker."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:
I'm doing a bit better at having longer chapters, maybe? Yes? No?
Anyways, hope that ending wasn't trash, I didn't want to drag this part on much longer.
Lots of love
Siri