{3}

Peter's POV

T'challa and Tony walked down the hall, in front of Bucky and me. They were talking about... Well I don't really know, I wasn't paying attention. I was trying to teach Bucky about Gen Z, he was doing a much better job understanding than Steve, though he had those few he just couldn't get. "It's like I said, Bucky. It's either yeet, or be yeeted..." My voice quieting at the end as I looked around, brows furrowed, and spidey sense tingling.

"What's wro-" Bucky was about to ask when I cut him off.

"GET DOWN!" I shouted. Thankfully, superheroes are used to taking orders like that on the fly, and we all crouched covering our heads. I don't know why, it's not like arms and hands are going to do much against potential explosions. But it does protect against most glass. The window to our right exploded, shards of it flying everywhere. As far as I could tell, none of us four had been extremely hurt by the blast. Tony uncovered his face and turned, standing up, to look at the window. We all did the same. For a second there was nothing and then a black steel cord shot into the ceiling. Judging the angle, I could tell it was shot from the ground. To my shock, a teenage looking girl with braided black hair and a mask covering her nose and mouth swung in. What horrified me even more was the fact that she was walking on the ceiling. Then she flipped to the ground. Her blank eyes held darkness. An anger, hate, and determination I'd never seen before. "Ready to die?" She asked, in a slightly robotic and metalic voice, void of emotion. Obviously, her mask held a voice changer device thingy.

"Who are you? What do you want?" T'challa asked, staring at her.

She started to say something, but faltered. Her eyes locking with Bucky's, "Winter..." She said, seemingly confused, "you live."

"Mr. Bucky, do you know her?" I asked warily, my voice slightly higher from fear.

"I'm not su-" he started but stopped when the girl fell to the ground, clutching her head. She screamed, and I covered my ears. Since the warning from my Spidey tingle, my senses had been turned up, aware of any and every danger. Which means usually bearable loud noises, made me want to claw out my ears. Shortly after she started, she stopped however, and I sighed in relief.

"Help," she said, her usually lifeless eyes and voice now full of pain and emotion, "help me, I need-" and then she started twitching her head and growling as she stood. My hightened hearing could make out a voice coming from what I guessed was an earpiece she wore. When the voice stopped, her eyes were the same as they were in the beginning, blank. Her head kept twitching as she pulled out two guns, one in each hand. She raised them, pointing both at the king. As my spidey sense went off again, and I leapt in front of T'challa.

The guns fired.

Time slowed.

And when I looked down,

There were four, growing crimson spots on my chest area. Two in my stomach, one in my right shoulder, and one on my left. Dangerously close to my heart. "D-dad?" I said weakly, "I don't feel so good..."

My vision went black.

And I crumpled to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to painfully bright lights in a white room, and the sound of beeping. I groaned rubbing my eyes. "Pete? Oh my gosh, thank Thor you're ok."

I was pulled into a tight hug, "Ow..." I muttered.

"Right, right, sorry." The man said. "How are you feeling?" he asked me.

"Like I do when I get shot on patrol." I responded dryly.

He laughed, "Well kid that's because you did. Which you're grounded for, by the way."

For the first time since waking up, I fully opened my eyes, and saw my dad, "You can't ground me for saving someone's life, that's stupid. He-he is alive right? T'challa? And Bucky too? Cause obviously you're alive."

"Yeah kid," Tony smiled, "everyone's alright. You did great." He reached over and ruffled my hair.

"No no stop. You don't know how hard it is to make my hair look nice." I complained, swatting his hand away.

"Look nice? Right now, you have a serious case of bed head." Just then a Korean woman who I didn't know walked in, "Hi Peter," she said, "I'm Dr. Cho, but you can call me Helen. Friday told me you woke up. How do you feel?"

I shrugged, "Sore and weak I guess. There's not much pain unless I move a lot or pressure is applied."

"Well not much pain is what we want." She checked over my stitches, which were doing good thanks to my enhanced healing. After doing other stuff, which I didn't pay attention to, Helen turned and faced me again, "You look pretty good. I'd say you can probably get up and walk, though you may need some assistance. However, you need to rest until those are fully healed. So if you do any superhero stuff, it's now prohibited. I'll be back tomorrow to check on you again. Have a nice day."

"Bye." I smiled as she walked out, then I turned to Tony, "Can we go to the living room and watch a movie?"

"Sure bud." He replied, and stood next to me, helping me get up and walk to the elevator, and then sit down on the couch. He sat down next to me and I instantly leaned against him. "What movie do you want to watch?" He asked.

"Mmm, how about... Hey Friday, play the Grumpy Cat Christmas movie." I replied softly.

"Really a Christmas movie?" He questioned sarcastically.

"No better time than October to watch one." I said as the movie began playing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pepper's POV

I walked in to the living room, Morgan behind me. I had just picked her up from her private pre-school. When I looked up I saw Peter asleep, leaning against Tony who had his arm around the kid, and his head on top of Peter's. I smiled, the two really were father and son. "Hey Friday," I asked quietly, "take a picture of those two and email it to me, please."

"Already done, Mrs. Stark." Friday replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:
That was a pretty long chapter for me, wow. What do y'all think about the new girl?
And side note: most chapters will contain no POV unless stated otherwise like in this one.
Lots of love,
Siri