Chapter 2: The Wish

Start from the beginning

"I know, Khanna, you are missing Shivaay. But this is the last thing you would have to do for me. Make sure they are Alabaster white and Imperial red. After that you run back to your 'love'."

Gauri, who had reached Omkara in small steps, did not hear what he had said except the last part. Did he say 'love' to someone else on phone? She sensed tears rising in her eyes. Omkara turned around and saw his wife standing in front of him. Oh no! Did she hear anything? He hoped his surprise was still a surprise.

"Sir, white also has shades?!" said Khanna.

Of course, more shades any other color. Omkara smiled looking at his angelic wife. She just blinked in response. Very unlike her.

"O sir, are you there?"

This Khanna is so irritating. He wanted to wrap up soon and spend time with his wife, but he wanted to play KBC with him. He had no mood to explain anything.

"Yes. Make it fast. I hope my conditions are clear," Om said and cut the call.

He turned his attention to Gauri who seemed very distressed about something. There was a silent whirlwind of emotions brewing in her eyes and he had no idea what had happened. But he would do anything to make her feel better.

Gauri trusted Om a lot. She knew he was capable of breaking her heart with truth than comfort her with a flowery lie. She was fine with that, for that was the Omkara she loved.

"Hi love, I missed you," Om dropped a kiss on her cheek.

When Gauri heard the word 'love' again, she broke into tears. She engulfed him in a hug and sobbed on his shirt. He was puzzled. He hugged her back, not caring that they were still in the hall.

"Gauri?" he said.

"You are not leaving again, right?" she said in between her sobs.

Her words pricked him right on his heart. Epiphany struck him. Lies could only take people farther. It was because of the past week. He felt bad for unintentionally hurting her. For Om, lying was a humongous task. It made him behave awkward. Perhaps Gauri had caught the wrong meaning of his actions.

Om lifted her chin and said looking in her eyes, "The day I leave you behind would be the last day of my life."

He took a moment and said, "Come with me."

"Where?" she asked.

"Do you trust me Gauri?" He held her hands. She nodded looking in his eyes.

"Then please come. May I?" he said gesturing to carry her.

A rosy tinge appeared on Gauri's cheeks. She looked down and nodded. Omkara carried her just like he did on their wedding and marched on. She blushed while Dadi and Jhanvi who were also there in the hall, looked on with a smile.

Gauri Kumari Sharma, you are a paglait chiraiya (crazy girl). This was her Omkara, who always cherished her ever since he accepted their love. They had Shankarji's blessings.

Omkara was smiling too. Who was he kidding when he said he didn't accept this marriage? There was no time when he didn't think of her as his wife. Maybe he fell in love much later.

The rules of heart defies all logic. She was the only girl who tweaked all the rules and still managed to rule his heart. Only destiny knew the truth. 😉

 😉