After they were done they walked out to Rosalie's car. Getting in Katherine instantly buckles up due to how Rosalie drives which quite frankly scared her but also knew Rosalie wouldn't put her into any danger if she had anything to do about it.

By the time they arrived everyone was in the living room, music was playing but not too loud kind of like background music. Candles were lit as red and white rose bouquets littered the tables all around. Bella and Edward stood on the stairs, Esme being the first to greet Katherine wrapped her arms around the girl smiling.

"Happy Birthday." She couldn't help but smile at the woman, her hug was comforting reminding her of her mother whom she missed.

"Thank you Esme."

"We tried to rein Alice in." Carlisle told her. Esme hugged Bella, Alice snapped a picture surprising Bella.

"I found it in your bag, do you mind?"

"Dating an older woman, hot." Emmett stood besides Edward who just gave him a look. "What?" Alice went over to Rosalie handing her a rectangular box.

"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out." Katherine nudged her girlfriend. Rosalie wasn't overly fond of Bella and she didn't know why, but tolerated her for Katherine's sake. Alice dragged Edward over to take a picture of the two.

"Show me the love." She snapped a picture before forcing Katherine and Rosalie side by side. She snapped another picture.

"Smile." Katherine told her. Rosalie scoffed lightly before doing so. If there was anything Rosalie didn't like was having her picture taken. Alice handed something to Rosalie.

"I know you said no gifts but...." Katherine looked down at the little box, she opened it and found a ring, a silver band with her birthstone in the center. She gasped.

"Rosalie...it's beautiful." She quickly hugged her, Alice quickly snapped a picture before the moment was over. Rosalie helped put it on her right ring finger. Katherine grinned which made Rosalie warm up inside.

"This one's from Emmett." Bella took the box which felt very light, she shook it hearing nothing.

"Already installed it in your truck. Finally a decent sound system for that piece of crap."

"Hey don't hate the truck." Bella defended. Everyone laughed. Alice handed Katherine Emmett's gift. It was small box, she opened it up to see a pair of keys, her eye widened.

"Nuh uh." Emmett grinned.

"Yup. Now you can have your own ride." Katherine quickly rushed over to Emmett, squealing as he lifted her up.

"What kind?" She asked.

"1999 jeep wrangler since I heard your into older cars. Clearly older women too." She rolled her eyes as Rosalie smacked him in the arm but Emmett just laughed.

"Emmett thank you so much."

"It's no problem." He continued to grin.

"Open Esme and Carlisle's. It's a joint gift." Katherine made her way over to her sister. Bella took the gift.

"Just a little something to brighten your day." Carlisle says.

"You've been looking a little pale lately." Katherine's lips turned upwards slightly. Bella fumbled with opening it, she winced, lifting her finger to see a little blood.

"Ow. Paper cut." Everything happened so quickly. Jasper came darting forwards, Edward pushed Bella back sending her flying into the wall, glass shatter as she fell to the ground.

"Bella!" Katherine cried. Jasper was so fast as the others tried to stop him, Edward shoved him, sending him crashing down onto the piano, taking Emmett and Carlisle to hold him back. Rosalie was at Katherine's side in an instant her own eyes growing dark.

"Jasper." Alice stood in front of her mate. She hushed him. "It's just a little...blood." Katherine saw the state her sister was in and wanted to lash out at Edward for being that stupid. Carlisle sped over to aid Bella.

"Get Jasper out of here. Edward, check on jasper, I'm sure he's very upset with himself and I doubt he'll listen to anyone but you right now. Edward." Edward held no emotion on his face as he slowly turned and walked away.

Rosalie took Katherine's wrist.

"Let's get you home." Her voice was quiet, monotone.

-

The ride home was quiet, Rosalie driving Katherine's new car.

"Are you okay?" Katherine asked. She scoffed.

"I should be the one asking you that." Katherine tried to reach for Rosalie's hand but she flinched away causing her to frown.

"Don't be like...please Rosalie." SHe quietly begged.

"None of this was your fault."

"I know but it could've easily been you, Jasper went after."

"It was an accident." She tells her as they pulled up to her house. They sat their quietly with one another. "I love you, you know that right?"

"Yes." Rosalie's voice was still close to quiet, as if she was afraid to speak.

"Don't push me out."

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_