Chapter-11 Failed

Narrator's p.o.v-

"Are you sure about it?" Lance, Nicola's doctor and consultant asked after he listened her side of the story.

"Yes, i am." She signed with more confidence now.

At first Nicola wasn't sure if she should tell the drama that went down between her and Aaron but it wasn't possible for her to keep it in herself since it was playing a major role in her regular headaches and who could be more understanding than her personal doctor, consultant, therapist and friend, Right?!.

But she still had that nagging doubt inside her mind telling her maybe he wouldn't listen or believe her since Aaron is his step brother. She has seen the adoration in Lance's eyes towards his brother even though Aaron doesn't consider him as his family or barely an acquaintance for that matter, lance seems to have nothing but love and respect for his step sibling.

Lance was something else. He was a guy with a golden heart. When Nicola told her doubts towards her life, dilemma on where to live, confusion on what to do anymore lance was calmly listening/seeing her hands gesture as he was recording it in his brain. As if he wanted to help her completely and wholeheartedly.

Maybe that's why Nicola lost her heart to this selfless, adorably cute and deeply understanding guy who is now looking somewhat lost as if he was thinking, thinking of all the possible solutions for her.

"Nicola, don't get me wrong but i want to know every bits of your part of the story. Can we begin from the beginning like what it was like in both of your teenage years? What kind of relationship did you guys had when you both were still children? Were you two close or apart?." Lance said after a while.

Nicola looked at him confusedly. She just told him her most recent incident i.e her fight with Aaron but Lance was asking for details about her childhood and teenage days?. Does it suppose to help her or something?. Because nothing was making any sense to her.

"Uhh. I don't know how it's gonna help me in any form?" Nicola couldn't help but to raise her doubt.

"See, Nicola i know, nothing makes sense to you because honestly speaking same is with me too." Both of them chuckled a little.

"Nicola, i always wanted to ask you this and please know, i am not judging and i won't ever judge you on any basis but believe me when i say i need to know everything of it. I have doubts and i want to clear it and i am also thinking since you have visibly made improvement i want to know about the root cause of your accident!. What leads to your accident?." Lance asked.

"I have a foggy memory about it. I remember i was in a-." Nicola began.

"No not about the accident but the reason you had to leave your home in the middle of the night. I know it's a personal question and i never wanted to intervene but it has became the very reason of your stress and headaches and your constant mental breakdowns. I want to help you get rid of it completely. There's always this nagging feeling of 'if'. 'What if i never left the house', you know what i am trying to say?!." Nicola was getting what lance was trying to convey to her. He wanted to know who made her leave her house which unfortunately lead her to an accident.

"It was Aaron."

_____

Mrs. And Mr. Richardson were back and they couldn't find the reason behind the lack of happy noises. The house was dead silent when they reached to Aaron's home.

Usually they always find Aaron talking to Nicola and doing chores with her, cracking lame jokes here and there whenever he's home. Doing everything to keep this place lively and warm.