Chapter-10 Piece of Mind

Narrator's p.o.v-

Next morning, Nicola wasn't feeling too energetic. Last night clearly took a toll on her. Her body and mind were at ease but she couldn't say the same about her heart.

She dressed up in a lilac color summer dress. She wasn't expecting to find Aaron in the kitchen but there he was plating their food.

He was casually working ignoring every other things around him. The moments they shared last night was haunting Nicola's mind. For goodness sake, they almost kissed and she couldn't be able to bring herself to look at Aaron without cringing at herself. But somehow she gathered the courage and cleared her throat to let Aaron know she is here.

Aaron froze for few seconds when he noticed her nervously standing  closely to the dining table looking so beautiful in her lilac dress. For a moment, he forgot what he was doing there?.

"Good morning." He said lowly.

"Good morning." She signed.

He couldn't stopped himself to take a look at her time to time. But his anger was stopping him to speak to her. Even though last night moments were pure magical for him but still he was pissed at Nicola. She was really testing his nerves. She didn't know who she was playing with unknowingly.

When he came home later that night he immediately went to check up on her. He felt his heart beat stopped when he found her room empty. He tried calling her number but it was unreachable.

He was panicking more like dying by the second. He was losing his mind without wasting any more minute he dialled Michael's number.

"Michael, you fucking liar! You didn't picked up nicola, did you?. Where the fuck is she.? What have you done you bastard?." Aaron screamed.

"Woah dude, calm your tits. I picked her up okay. I told you i dropped her at rude drews home." Michael slurred.

"What? When did you informed me that?." This time Aaron boomed.

"I didn't?." Michael was sounding high as air.

"What part you didn't understand when i clearly mentioned to drop her at MY HOUSE?.

"Man, don't shout. You have already killed my brain cells. I am sorry okay,. She told me to drop her at Drews. I didn't know you would be so mad." Michael sounded more sober now.

"You have no bloody clue!. I am gonna kill you once i get my hands on you." With that Aaron cut his phone.

He so wanted to kill somebody at that moment and that somebody was michael. He was already feeling guilty about not giving enough time to Nicola and now this. What hurt him the most that nicola didn't informed him either. He was now hurt, angry and ready to kill.

He got the text from Nicola the next day at 8 in the morning that reads.

" I forgot to tell you that last night I stayed at Jenna's house and she will drop me to the cafe directly:)".

That made him more mad. The nerve of this silly girl. He didn't slept a wink last night and now she is sending him late text with happy emojis. He was officially breathing fire.

"Do you like your food?." Aaron asked which made nicola jerk out of her thoughts. She was trying to ignore his presence but now of course he has to make it known!. It was better when they weren't talking at all.

"Yes. Thank you!" Aaron rolled his eyes at the formalities. Talk about being stubborn.

"Did you slept well last night?". Aaron smirk broadened when Nicola's widened eyes meet his teasing ones.