Chapter-1 Place

Nobody's p.o.v-

Aaron lits his cigar and take a long drag. His tensed muscles relaxes a little bit as soon as thick smoke came out of his mouth.

His nose turned pinkish while he rests his head on his perfectly lush armed chair.

A lazy smile tugged at his lips making his handsome features more angled.

"Good to see you're still alive!" Micheal chimed while entering in his office unannounced.

"Get out of here bastard!" Aaron didn't open his eyes but his mood turned sour.

"Bastard who? Me? Are you sure about that?". Michael jabbed back.

"State your business so you can see your ass out! I don't have time for your gibberish." Aaron eyes him with his sharp grey eyes.

"No need to get mushy on me. You are the one who isn't answering your damn phone calls. The last time you have been checked breathing was one month ago. Your nonna was literally eating my ears off by calling me day in and out to check up on you." Seethed Michael.

"Very well. I will give her a call whenever i can." Aaron said nonchalantly.

"Stop being a dick to your own family Ron!. You can't just disappear on them for two to three months straight and then show up at night like nothing has happened. Did you know i literally have to threaten the securities outside to meet you? Like damn, those are my securities and bodyguards whom my company let you hire!." Michael glared at Aaron.

"I pay hefty amount to their boss." Aaron shrugged.

"Everything is not about money." Michael scowled.

"Since when did you start not to care about money?. Aaron puts out his cigar. Already finding himself more frustrated.

"You're an ass. A stubborn one at that" Michael chuckled slightly at the darkened mood of his friend.

"What do you mean?" Aaron narrows his eyes at already smirking Michael.

"Pretending confused? Are we? Don't forget Ron, i have contacts and information. You can hide yourself to the other side of the world and i would sill know what you had for breakfast!" Michael retorted in a sneaky tone.

"Whatever you say Mike, you would know the only things which i would let you to!" Michael's smirk faltered a little.

"Nicola is still staying with you. Isn't she?" Michael asked without missing a beat.

"Where else is she supposed to stay then? That's her home too" Aaron quirked an eyebrow.

"Nonna cleared it out to you that she doesn't like Nicola staying with you at your place. You have already done so much for her. I don't get it why can't you just let her go?" Michael doesn't seem to get as to why his friend was still so obsessed with her? She is nothing like those girls they used to date back in the highschool. Hell, he isn't sure if Aaron actually dates at all nowadays.

"You won't understand! Nonna won't understand! No one will ever understand." Aaron said darkly.

"Why?" Michael stared at his friend who clenched his jaw. The madness swirls in his eyes.

"You will never know." Aaron didn't reveal anything but his eyes exposed his intense emotions.

"Ron, it doesn't matter to me if you love her or hate her, whether she lives with you under one roof or you discard her on the footpath. I just want my friend to be happy and sane." Michael said with seriousness earning a slight chuckle from Aaron.

"Then she's going to have to live with me for forever!" Aaron smiled cockily.

"If i didn't knew you since childhood i would have assumed that you're in love with her." Michael chuckled.

"I need a coffee!." Aaron rolled up his sleeves to his elbows completely ignoring Michael's previous comment.

Michael jogged up to match the pace of Aaron's. Though it wasn't hidden to any of the closed ones to Aaron that he isn't very social since childhood. He would do anything to maintain a low profile, hiding away from any curious eyes including his family's. But lately Aaron has increased his distance even from his childhood buddies. He has stopped answering his phone calls and returning them back was never the option Aaron has ever learnt.

His rising temper and darkened mood were another things that were alerting his Nonna and mother. His father on the other hand always tries to justify his constant blackened mood. When in reality they all know Aaron has gone beyond their reach.

The rich bratty boy has now replaced by a dark shell of a dangerous man. His guards are always up. Ready to strike like a serpent whenever provoked in any manner.

Even his professional life doesn't say much about him other than that he's a work maniac and ruthless in his business. A head biting beast is what they called him.

Aaron settled inside his sleek black BMW and drove to his favorite cafe with Michael at his tail in his own Ferrari. A lazy smirk tugged at his lips when he finally reached there.

His hard expression softened a bit when his eyes fell upon the stubborn woman whom he desperately wanted to see since morning. If it's not for his early important meeting which needed his immediate attention he wouldn't dare to miss dropping her to the cafe. She was now signing her gratitude to the child and her mother.

"Is she worth all of the efforts?" Michael asked.

"Believe me, she does" Aaron whispered while his eyes never leaving her alluring face.

It was a lovely evening and the cafe was as usual full of life. The kids were enjoying their favorite smoothies, pastries and brownies and adults were too engrossed in their favourite drinks.

Nicola sighs, she was tired yet she was happy her life was somewhat getting back on it's track.

It wasn't easy to run such a lively cafe and being a mute makes it more challenging. From losing her voice to battling depression, it always was a life and death situation for Nicola. Being a Cafe owner was something she wanted ever since she came out of her depression but that was still a big mountain to summit. As money was another issue that was breaking her back.

It was hard to believe but Aaron helped her a lot, stuck with her through thick and thin. He was like a raging fire ready to burn every obstacle in her path. Nicola would always be grateful to him for the rest of her life but she never wanted that fierce rage in her life.

For whatever good was happening in her life it was all because of Aaron but she can't forget the fact that she had to went through hell because of him only.

Aaron walked through the door as if he owns the place and stood directly before Nicola.

"How was your day, Chlow?" A light smirk lighten up Aaron's feature. Nicola's eyes widened a little when she saw him standing in front of her unannounced.

----

Share you thoughts on it!

Like, comment and share!

Tata!