Rooming with Royals [29]

Start from the beginning

"I'm fed up with you lying Eros."

"Why would I lie about loving Violet?!" I nearly jumped in my place from Eros's outburst. "I love Violet." He said it slowly like a mother talking to her five year old kid. "I want to save my people from my father's ruling. Stop being stubborn and believe what I'm saying Connor." His word were sharp and I could see that he was angry as hell.

"He's not lying." I summoned up all the courage I had to say that. Both, my uncle and Eros looked at me; Eros's expression was surprised but it soon changed to relaxed while my uncle looked furious. The tension in the room was getting unbearable, especially with my uncle glaring at me.

"Eros and I have been dating-

"You have been what?!" My uncle's thunderous voice echoed through the room. I could see veins popping from his forehead and it made me scared. Seeing my uncle reacting this bad to me just saying that, made me think about what his reaction would be if I told him the whole story. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. C'mon Violet, you can do this.

"We have been dating, since before the war. Eros isn't lying uncle Connor, he's telling you the truth." I calmly stated as I opened my eyes.

"You foolish girl. How do you know he hasn't been planning this for the whole time. Getting close to you and making you fall in love with him so his father could destroy you. You are the girl in the prophecy Violet and his father will do anything to have you killed and you go_ you go and date that demon?!" I cringed at his harsh tone and replayed what he said. I couldn't deny that his words made sense but I know Eros would never do that.

"I would never do that." I looked behind me when Eros growled.

"And you expect me to believe that? I would do anything to protect my niece from such horrible and despicable creatures like you demons, especially you Eros. Just like your father, two faced showing my niece your good side and hiding your repulsive side from her." My eyes went wide. I had never seen this side of my uncle. His words were so cruel and harsh.

"I'm nothing like my father." I gasped when Eros's eyes started turning a darker shade of black. He began breathing deeply, chest heaving up and down like he just ran a mile.  A part of me stood there dumbstruck seeing Eros going through this while another part of me was screaming at me to go and help him – and that was what I did.

I put my hands on his shoulders trying to make him look at me but it was futile. Eros was looking at my uncle with a murderous glare covering his face. Eros's back hunched forward and he suddenly hissed in pain. I heard shouts all around me but my eyes were only focused on Eros only. He was gripping his knees, nails piercing through his skin. What is happening to him?

Transformation, he's changing into his demon form.

"Get away from me Violet before you get hurt." Eros said through clenched teeth. Before I could do anything, I was suddenly ripped away from my place and pulled backwards. I tried fighting the person but it was useless. The place was now buzzing with guards and I heard my uncle shouting commands to them.

"Take him away and put him in the dungeon." I turned around and glared at my uncle. No way in hell would he put Eros in a dungeon. I would not allow that!

"No, you can't put him in the dungeon!" I yelled at the top of my lungs gaining the attention of my uncle and all the people in the quarter. "Please." I pleaded. I had a very little hope that my uncle would listen to what I had just said. That little sparkle of hope faded when uncle Connor turned his attention from me to Eros and his eyes grew cold.

"Put him in one of the dungeons now and make sure that the cuffs are resistant to his powers." I put a hand over my mouth to keep myself from whimpering. I can't believe that my uncle is actually doing this to Eros. Eros suddenly let out an animalistic roar. His hair grew an inch longer and his skin was turning somewhat black. I heard muffled voices in the background and caught some of what my uncle was saying. I think he said 'hurry up' or something like that.