Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four: The End

Hazel woke up late the next day, around noon when her father barged into her room and told her to get up.

She sat up, wide eyed.

"Peter has been here twice already, asking if you were up." Bucky sighed, "It's only twelve."

Hazel sat up, suppressing a smile as she flopped off her bed. "He's not supposed to get me until one."

He shrugged, leaving her room, closing the door behind him. Hazel found her way to her way to the bathroom and cleaned herself up. She had the quickest shower she thought could be possible and changed back into her pyjamas as she threw herself back into her room. She had an hour to prepare, but she had no idea what to prepare for. Peter hadn't told her anything, considering she was the one who gave the date and time.

Her phone buzzed,

Peter
Wear your suit. I'll be there in ten minutes.

Hazel tossed her phone aside and rushed to her closet, digging through it until she found the suit he had made for her on Happy's jet. She had folded it neatly and placed it in the bottom drawer of her dresser, it sat alone there as she didn't want anything to ruin it. She grinned taking it out and holding it away from her, running her eyes over it. Hazel gently laid it on the bed and grabbed an outfit from her desk. She had picked out clothes the night before, not wanting to waste any time getting dressed.

Hazel had chosen black tights and a plain white fitted top. It was simple and wouldn't crumple against the tight fabric of her suit. She quickly changed and doubled tapped her suit, within seconds it fit around her snuggly. She braided her hair and flicked it over her shoulder before flipping the hood up, fixing the mask over the bottom half of her face.

She walked into the living room, spinning dramatically as her father looked at her.

"So." She exclaimed, "How do I look?"

His brows furrowed, "I thought you were going on a date?"

"I am." She told him, "A very interesting one."

A knock sounded on the door and she ran at it, swinging it open to see Peter smiling at her. He had his suit on, the mask concealing his identity.

"Can you open a window?"

Hazel gave him a weird look, "I guess."

"I'll do it." Bucky's voice echoed, and she glanced back to see him walk to the living room window and push it open.

"You ready?" Peter questioned, walking in.

"For what?"

"I-I know this all seems weird but—"

Bucky coughed and they both looked at him. "I want her home by eleven. You hear me, kid?"

Peter grabbed ahold of her hand and lead her towards the window. He took several steps back, leaving her exposed at the openness beyond. Hazel's eyes widened when everything clicked into place as he charged at her, wrapping his arms around her as they jumped out from it.

Hazel screamed as they fell, smacking his shoulder until he shot his arm out and a web connected with a building. They flew through the air, the only thing she could hear was the sound of his laughter filling her ears.

"You've got to stop doing that!" Hazel huffed, calming down. "Or at least warn me."

He laughed again, "You should just see it coming at this point."

"I know." She mumbled, loosening her grip waiting for the air to carry her instead.

"Don't." He told her, "Pretend you can't do that. I've got you."