Chapter Twenty-one: Deep Inside

(Angel's P.O.V)

Darkness engulfed me in it's horrid pain and I was left chained to my worst fears. Silence hung in the air like a heavy Vail that helped crush me. Once again I was alone in my mind but this time fear wasn't the only thing tormenting me. Now I was tormenting myself with horrible images of what the future may hold. Then, the silence was broken by a soft, chilling, female voice as it sang a heart breaking poem.

" Deep inside this heart of mine,

I fear the fear of human kind.

The fear of death and all the rest,

the ones that do not help you rest.

My cage formed by iron bars,

Leaving my body filled with scares.

Please breakthis horrid cage apart,

and set free my breaking heart."

Then I was left once more in darkness.

(Bruce's P.O.V)

I rushed home to find a frantic Richard trying to sooth a sleeping Krystal. She was tossing and screaming in her sleep and I rush to her side. Then, I noticed the marks on her skin.

"What happened," I asked Richard as I took her from his arms. He only shrugged, looking as though he was on the break of tears. I sighed and knelt down in front of him before saying, "I know that you are in love with her, so please tell me what happened during the mission. " He nodded his head and started telling how the mission went. It would have been a success, had they not gotten captured. Richard told me how he met James and learned who he was as well as the fact that he had been searching for Krystal.

"When Krystal showed up, he completely let his guard down, " explained Richard, his voice strained. "Then Krystal set us free and told us to run, " tears finally spilling out of his eyes, "So we ran, all we could hear was the sound of the building being destroyed. " I nodded, so Cadmus as found her weakness. I did something surprising, I hugged Richard. He stiffened at first then relaxed, griping onto my shirt. Before long he was asleep and Krystal had finally calmed down. I smiled and placed them In their proper beds before leaving for the watchtower. I needed to talk to the league.

----------------A/N----------------------

I am so sorry that I didn't update when I was planning on it, then publish only a small chapter. I was busy this week, my laptop doesn't want to work and my mom won't let me use hers. So this is updated on my phone.