Chapter Four: Superboy

I stayed in that pod for weeks, no food, and no water no breaks. Not that I needed any of that, Cadmus had made sure I didn't need those things. Oh, the loss if I dare lose energy when I become a puppet to destroy the world. I explored the minds of Cadmus and that is how I met Superboy. He had been recently created so he didn't know much. The G-Gnomes had been instructed not to show him other emotions than being calm and being enraged. Hello? I asked in his mind. Confusion filled his mind and he seemed to not be able to understand. They didn't teach you how to talk? and again he got confused. I wonder if pictures will help. I thought of how and apple looked then he said back apple.

It took time, but I had nothing but time. Slowly I taught him the English language and he responded well. Who are you and why did you teach me this? He asked.

My name is Carol and I don't know why, I answered. Please don't tell them that I have contacted you. It would ruin everything.

He paused for a moment, I won't. All of a sudden pain exalted in my body and I cried out, both to Superboy and outside. I could feel him panicking (if you could yell telepathy he was, doing it), CAROL, CAROL ARE YOU ALL RIGHT? I was gasping and could barely breathe,

I don't know Superboy, I don't know. Then I slipped unconscious.

I was again in that small wooden room looking through the eyes of a stranger. She was looking at an old photograph that had four smiling people. "Things were happier then and father, father didn't know what I could do," her voice full of sadness, "well it is time to burn down this hell hole and take down my father." She lifted her hand and fire leapt from her hand. She set the picture on fire and threw it on her bed causing the bed to become engulfed in flames. I could feel her smile as she walked right through the wall. "Maybe this will teach him for killing my mom."

I woke up with my mind clouded with pain. "JJJ James," I called, "James!" Silence.

"James is here right now," a deep voice answered as a man stepped out of the shadows. He wore a black suit with a red tie and was quite bald. "I am afraid that he is in a little trouble with me right now," his calm and cold as ice.

"Why is he in trouble," I asked quite shaken.

"He was supposed to watch a weapon of mine and," he pause, "he failed to do so." He laughed (really creepily).

"What weapon was that?" my voice as cold as his.

"Why you," he laughed, "the fact that you hacked my systems and destroyed my recent plans for the Justice League brats."

I shook my head, "I didn't do that sir."

He raised an eyebrow, "oh is that so" his voice full of sarcasm.

"I didn't destroy any of your plans!" I yelled.

"Your right you didn't kill anything but you did hack into the system," he saw my confused face, "you didn't leave any evidence and I was almost fooled. Then you had to hack into it again." I glared at him,

"I admit that I hacked into your network but I only did it once and I was only looking for information."

He clasped his hands behind his back and started pacing. "What were you looking for exactly, and don't try to lie to me."

I took a breath and contemplated lying, but this way I would get to see if he had not wanted me to know. "I was looking for why I was in Cadmus for the first place. I knew that I was to be a weapon of some kind and wanted to see what I was going up against." He seemed surprised.

"You didn't know why you were Cadmus? YOU WEREN'T TOLD SINCE DAY ONE!" he yelled.

"No, sir, I wasn't told. You got to understand why I wanted to know, I want to perform to my best ability and be ready to fight for Cadmus. My parents died so I would be able to do this sir, I want to make sure they didn't die for nothing." He chuckled and smiled.

"I thought we might have to force you to fight the Justice League, but you seem all for it." I smiled gently,

"What sort of heroes are the Justice League members if they can't stop a simple kidnapping."

He laughed, "Right you are. Well, it seems as though I have nothing to worry about with you." He turned and walked away leaving me with the words I had said. I had lied to protect my own skin and save my plan but I felt wrong. My parents would be so ashamed if they ever heard me say that.

(Superboy's P.O.V)

CAROL ARE YOU ALL RIGHT? I screamed in my head. She had cried out and then went silent. I was so worried. Had they found out that she had contacted me? Was she getting punished right now because of it? CAROL!!! Once again I was left alone and I could hardly stand it. G-Gnomes came back in followed by scientist and I sighed. "Hello, Superboy I know you don't understand me but today the G-Gnomes will teach you how to fight" one of the scientists said. He had dark brown hair and dark eyes.

"I can understand you," my voice louder than I had expected.

He took a step back shocked, "but how, that is impossible?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Hmm, well we will have to check that out later. Until then, get ready," his voice became sharp and he left.

After the G-Gnomes had got out of my head, I relaxed. They felt so cold compared to Angel. She was warm and gentle, almost like a warm blanket (or so she tells me how it feels). I could feel how protective she was of someone, but I didn't know who. Carol, are you out there? Why have you left me so alone? Then I felt her, her gentle mind.

I'll never leave you alone Superboy. I won't let you face the pain I have felt. Please just trust me. Pain, what does she mean by that?

I trust you Carol, just don't leave me. I could feel her laugh and it sound like a song.

Many times the G-Gnomes search my mind trying to find who or what was teaching me things but somehow they never found her mark. We talked and laughed, but she never explained why she talked to me. I learned how she got into Cabmus, but I never knew why she was there. She'd tell me stories of the outside world and how wonderful it was. She planted the seed in me that wanted to see the true world.Carol, what do you look like? I asked her.

Unlike you I change my features so I don't really have a permanent look. She laughed and I laughed with her.

Will we ever meet face to face? I asked. She paused as though she had to come up with the right answer.

Yes, we will meet face to face but for now you have to help me with something.

I got confused and asked her what do you need? Yet again she paused.

I need you to save Robin, Kid Flash and Aqualad. After that, get out of Cadmus. Then she was gone.