Chapter 13

"Next up Lindy Davis"

I stepped up and saluted the judges. I performed my routine pretty well and my coach told me I was amazing.

I hope I was amazing.

I hope I got a perfect 10.

I hope I got into the Olympics.

I hope I won a gold medal.

I hope.

I hope.

I hope.

But most of all I hope my Mom and Dad would be proud of me.

I walked over to a corner where no one else was so I could be alone. Savannah saw me and walked over, crushing my moment of peace. That girl could be so clingy! Why was I in such a bad mood?

"You did great! The next Gabby Douglas! " Savannah squeezed my hand and it didn't occur to me until now that Savannah was competing too.

She was probably just as nervous as me.

Probably a little grumpy too.

Quit being selfish, I told myself.

I looked around to all the other girls in the gym. Most of them muscular, short, hair pulled back so tight it looked like their eyes were about to shoot out of their heads, the same bruises and blisters, the same worried crease on their forehead and sweat running down their back. Holding onto their team mates or coaches. Holding onto something solid. I realized then that none of this mattered, if I won or not. Because I was one girl who had the same dream as hundreds of others. My mom was wrong, she didn't make a mistake, she made a choice, a choice to start a family, get a real job, and be happy. If my name was called I would be happy, but if it wasn't, then so be it. Another girl's, just like me, dream would come true. I would either have the choice to be angry or I could start a family and really live. I love gymnastics but it was holding me down. Someone once said, if your a gymnast you don't get to have fun. And it's true. With all the practices and competitions you don't really have time for yourself. So whoever's name was on that list, then good for them.

Me? I will always be a gymnast, but maybe there is more to life than flipping.

A/N-This was the last chapter. I finished my first book! I am shocked! Like wow. I don't really now if that last place makes sense or not but I was kind of just writing down my thought so sorry if its confusing :/. I hope you enjoyed this book, I will be posting an epilogue soon!